41: knock

something about me that wasn't necessarily a good thing, was how curious i was about him.

like, really curious.

i looked side to side before hesitantly opening the envelope. i made a mental prayer asking for forgiveness from god while i opened it.

i pulled out the letter that wasn't in very good condition anymore, the hand-writing was super nice.

it was in cursive, and it was kind of hard to read. i tried my best and read it anyway.

jungwon, it's me, grandma ahn.

i still don't know if this is the right address. truth is,

at the funeral, i spoke to heeseung. he gave me a paper slip of his address so that i could keep in contact with you.

but when i got home, i placed on the table while drinking coffee. coffee spilled on it and i could barely read it. i tried mailing every address by changing a digit.

hopefully it was sent to you.

in all honesty, i never liked your father. but he came to me, telling me that he wants to try again.

your mother wasn't the best either. sometimes i thought she was crazy.

but it was because she loved you so much.

it is selfish, what she did.

there's so many of us who love you. we'll treat you like family if you move here.

there's many donors here. we thought it benefit you. it's for the best.

we weren't ever good on money, it's unfortunate.

your father received the money from your mom after she passed away. we thought that man would just spend it on useless things.

but he promised to help you son. i'm trusting him.

please reply, come live with us here in seoul. it's for the best.

call us, *** *** ****

- grandma

right as i finished reading the letter that took me 30 seconds to read, i heard footsteps from inside.

panic was the feeling that rushed through my blood the moment i heard those footsteps.

i put the letter back in the envelope that i already opened. you couldn't close it anymore and there was a big shoe mark on it.

the person inside was coming closer to the door. i knew i was going to regret reading the letter but i read it anyway. now i have to suffer the consequences...

instead, i shoved it in my skirt pocket right as the door opened. i'll make sure to give it to jungwon so he can reply, although i don't like the idea of him moving away...

a tall man opened the door, he was in his pajamas while rubbing his eye.

"hello?" they said, confusion written all over their face.

"hi! i'm hisano, jungwon's friend." i smiled, "is he in there by any chance?"

heeseung raised his brow, "no. he does live here though."