28: butterflies

"lavender."

the girl laughed at his comment, "maybe, i don't know."

she realized they were way off track from what they were originally speaking about, "okay back to where we were, for real this time."

he nodded.

"school! we were talking about school." she said.

"didn't we already talk about that?" he asked.

"no, i'm not yet finished." she paused, "did you have many friends?"

he nodded, "yeah, a few."

"what were their names?" she asked curiously.

"jay, jake, sunghoon, sunoo and niki." he replied.

the girl furrowed her brows when she heard a familiar name, "niki?" she asked, "the one from the rooftop?"

"yeah..."

"oh! i thought you two were enemies." she put her hand over her mouth to cover a giggle.

"no, i actually kind of... miss them." he admitted shyly.

the girl smiled at his cute expression before poking one his dimple, "awh, poor you."

he glared at the girl before the worker called their number. jungwon stood up and got their pizza before exiting the store. he also got two bottles of water for the both of them.

"hold this." he handed her the water while holding the door open for her by leaning on it.

"thank you for the pizza!" hisano yelled to the workers before leaving.

jungwon chuckled and copied her, "yeah, thank you! we'll enjoy it!"

when the door closed, the two looked at each other before laughing ridiculously.

"you're so weird hisano."

"you're weirder!" she chuckled loudly.

jungwon smiled before an idea popped into his head. he decided to walk in front, pretending to sulk to see how she'd react.

"hey! i was just kidding." she rolled her eyes, trying to catch up.

she didn't question where he was taking her, because then, that'd just ruin the fun of it. so she walked by his side while holding the two bottles of water.

occasionally, she'd run ahead of him to look at the different things in the stores through the windows while he'd watch.

and by the time he caught up, she'd go by his side again.

they weren't near all the shops anymore. he led her into an alleyway, and passed that, they squeezed through the small gap of concrete walls.

"where are we going? these is too difficult." hisano groaned, impatient.

"just follow me."

hisano

we kept going, i worried that the pizza might get cold. but once we got through, there was another area. it was a small spot. and all around the walls, there was art.

the art consisted of graffiti, random beautiful faces, flowers and more.

there wasn't a spot on the wall that was plain.

he sat down on a bench that was placed here. i wondered, how the heck did someone fit a bench in here?

i could barely fit my own body through that passage way.