29: sleepover

i swiftly turned to the side, "w-what?"

"i could tell you were uncomfortable." he chuckled before standing up. suddenly, it got awkward.

my eyes followed his figure as he patted away the nonexistent dust on his pants, "we should go." he said.

i nodded, we left this area but i'll make sure to write what we did today on the journal so that i can keep it as a nice memory.

the skies were really dark by the time we left. more people were walking on the streets though.

people in suits speed walking to catch a bus or the metro-train, construction workers chatting with each other while eating donuts and smoking, parents holding their kid's hand while they held a bunch of shopping bags on the other.

and we were also one of these many people, walking on the sidewalks. all of us having different lives.

it was quite cool to me.

we reached the bus in no time and we hopped on.

we sat together and he made me take window spot again.

at night, it got a bit chilly. so eventually the windows would fog up. this gave me the chance to make little drawings.

i wrote our initials first, h.y+j....

"what did your last name start with again?" i asked, turning back at him.

"y." he replied.

oh right, it was yang. sheep garden.

h.y+j.y

a sigh escaped from my mouth, "too bad, when we get married we wont have different initials." i frowned.

"oh well. it is what it is." he replied.

i continued drawing while he watched me, i drew sheeps until there were about 8 that filled the window.

soon enough, it was my stop.

we didn't live in the same area, so my stop was before his.

as i was about to stand up, he held my wrist and looked at me with a worried expression.

"actually..." he said, "could i sleepover? i can't go home right now."

"sleepover??" i repeated.

the bus driver looked at his rearview mirror to watch me, he was waiting for me to get off. i sat back down which told the bus driver to continue driving.

"fine." i told him, "but we'll go to my grandpa's."

he let go of my wrist and smiled warmly, "thank you."

his smile made me laugh, he was really cute.

i wondered why he couldn't go home, and then my mind went into a rabbit hole of how jungwon's house might look like.

i wondered what living space he grew up in. was he well off money? did he get a lot of toys?

was it scary?

whatever it was, i will make sure to make himself feel welcomed at my grandparent's place. i'll tuck him in because maybe he didn't get babied as a child.

i'm just kidding, but i never received those bedtime stories and those cute, loving and sweet goodnight kisses from my parents.

so i will give him just that.

the things that i wanted as a child.

"this is my first sleepover." i said while i squeezed my hands together to contain my excitement.