22: coins

hisano

pop, pop, pop.

it made a popping sound every time i clicked my tongue onto the roof of my mouth.

i remembered what jungwon said at the rooftop.

"this spot's mine."

"and she's mine too."

i flipped my body around and hugged my pillow, hiding the expression i had on right now.

jungwon, you should watch the words that comes out of your mouth.

i can't help but feel butterflies.

i hope his consultation went well. i hope he's healthy.

then, something came into mind. i'll go out today, maybe i'll find him once again.

our town is so small, for sure i'll see him if we're both out.

~~

"i'm going to buy bread." i said to my mom, she just told me to bring my key.

i wish she would say things like 'take care', or 'be safe'...

i always said that to my parents whenever they left the house.

i sighed and shut the door while adjusting my hat.

the bakery is where i plan to go first.

i skipped down the streets and made it to where all the shops were, a lot of people were walking around today.

i saw two kids racing on their bikes, i smiled.

one day, i'll learn how to ride a bike. and then... maybe jungwon and i can go bike riding together?

something caught my eye from across the street, two familiar figures walking side by side.

i squinted, it was for sure jungwon and... aeri?

oh yeah, because of the consultation.

but, why are they still walking around together? ah, maybe because they're just talking about his condition.

i adjusted my hat a bit more down so my face was hidden. i continued to walk on the sidewalk while watching them from across the street.

his hands where in his pockets, slightly slouched with his hair slightly being pushed back by the breeze.

aeri's walk was unique, she had nice style outside of school.

i looked down at my clothes. a frown forming on my face.

i wonder if he likes girls that dress like her...

my clothes were plain, my socks weren't even the same pair because i always lost one of the other so i had to wear two different socks. my shirt was a bit large on me and so were my shorts.

i sighed and looked at them again.

woah, he's smiling.

he's smiling really brightly. his eyes are filled with happiness and it's almost as if i can hear his laugh from here. not to mention, his dimple gets so deep when he smiles like that.

they take a seat at an outdoor table in front of a cafe, for i second i feel like we made eye contact so i turn away immediately. i pretend to be a regular person looking at some...

oh my gosh, there's so many cats in there!

distracted, i go closer to the window and crouch while looking at the kittens.