Epilogue 1| His Peace And Serenity

Published on 16th May 2022
__________________________

(MATURE CONTENT IN THE SECOND HALF. KIDS, STAY AWAY!)

Timeline: October. A year after their wedding.

No comments about the movie but I'm in love with this song.
A good news in end of chapter. Till then, finish reading.

Reminder: I love to read your comments.

I follow your steps
I'll never leave you again
'Cause when I'm with you, it feels like homе again

- R I S H A B H -

"Shruti, is it done?"

"A minute more."

I sighed and controlled myself from walking to and fro the room because of anxiety. This was the matter of nervousness and it wasn't a first for me. It was, I guess, the thirty-seventh pregnancy testing stick she was using. Number wasn't the issue, but her disappointment after numerous negative results surely was.

The door of bathroom creaked open and I raised my head up when I saw her stepping out. Before I could ask her about the results, she shook her head in no and took her seat beside me.

"Hey! It's okay." I wrapped my arms around her and lingered my lips on her temple. I knew this wasn't easy for her but she had to stop thinking about kids all the time. It brought only disappointment and worsened her health. Instead of facing me, she kept her eyes down and continued to sob. "Shruti..."

I clearly remember what happened six months ago.

That night, when we were about to have our dinner, Shruti went back into the kitchen to bring the dessert from fridge. She took her time there and we were too busy talking to notice her absence. Our attention went towards her only when we heard the sound of bowl falling on the floor.

Panic rushed in my veins when I saw her lying unconscious on the ground, clutching her stomach, as pool of blood surrounded her clothes. It was the worst thing I could ever think of.

I didn't know when we reached hospital. The only thing I knew was I failed her. I should've forced her to go for a check-up when she complained of stomachache but then covered it up for a normal digestion issue. I should've been more serious.

Doctors told us what she experienced was ectopic pregnancy, which resulted in a miscarriage. We always took caution; she was on her pills yet the pregnancy happened. Things weren't easy to absorb.

Shruti was devastated when she woke up and heard the news. The first two weeks were too difficult for us to cope up with. But we had to. Things got better with time as we moved on with our lives and realised that there was no point in holding upon such a sensitive topic. It brought only pain and nothing else.

"Shruti, look at me." I lifted her chin and made her face me. "Why are you so eager to get a positive result? Do you really want to have a child?" She shook her head and tears stopped flowing down her cheeks. "Is it just for the sake of having a child or you're actually ready to parent?"

"Rish-"

"Answer me. Do you think you're ready to parent a child? Not because of societal pressure, not because of insecurities. Just because you want it. Close your eyes and think about it." I waited for her answer and sighed when she shook her head in negative.