48| What We Need

Published on 8th February 2022.
_____________________________

In this chapter, you're gonna meet the man whom you will adore in the next book.
Excited?
You've already met him before.
Can't remember?
Go back to Chapter 41 and you'll find him easily.

The chapter is in Rishi's POV, again!
And it's the longest chapter till now.
So, stay back, have some water and go ahead.

Khawabon ke darwaze khulte hi jaate hain
Ek dusre mein utarte hi jaate hain
Behoshi ke daayre bante jaate hain
Dilko wohi raah mein milte jaate hain

– R I S H A B H –

Warmth of a body engulfed me closely and I snuggled more into it. I knew this wasn't a dream or hallucination. I was finally home, on my bed, with my wife. I slowly opened my eyes and came across her neckline on the first sight. Her arms were wrapped around my hand, pulling me too close to her.

My gaze travelled down to her chest, which exposed more than half of her breasts to my eyes. Her shirt barely covered anything and her habit of not wearing bras at night helped her no more, but instead me.

I placed a kiss on her swells and moved up while listening to her soft snores. Lying her head properly on the pillow, I closed her mouth which eventually stopped the sound. At last, I yawned and wrapped my arms around her before closing my eyes.

There was no harm in enjoying my heavenly sleep for a few more minutes.

It was another thing that the clock showed 9:00 am.

"Rishi, you're such a liar! When we asked you about your whereabouts, you told us that you were busy because of the meeting. Is this what we taught you?"

"Ma, you lied to me too. Your blood pressure went down, but you never told me. Is this the same you taught me?" I spoke and papa laughed, which ignited anger in ma. She elbowed him and he stopped laughing immediately.

"It pains."

"Do you think it wouldn't? You're old."

"Old? I'm your husband."

"Husbands don't get old?"

"They do." I interrupted and papa glared at me. "I mean, everyone gets old. Wife or husband, gender doesn't matter." When I knew things were getting out of my hands, I decided to run away before they could notice.

I quickly ascended the stairs and walked into our room. My gaze went towards Shruti as she wore her earrings. The saree she was wearing looked absolutely stunning. The way it wrapped perfectly around her curves appealed me to jump over her. Only I know how I controlled myself.

Even if we were ready to stay back and enjoy our times, we couldn't. There's a business party tonight, celebrating the onset of new year and I couldn't dare to lose the chance. Many delegates were going to be there and being there meant reputation for our company.

"Are you ready, Shruti?" I asked and saw her smiling through her reflection in the mirror. Her neck was adorned with the necklace I gifted her on the night of her first karva chauth. I knew that necklace was great; for I spent a lot of my time in designing it. But the person who carried it added a special aura to everything.

For, she is special.

"I'm done."

I stepped towards her and slithered my arms around her waist. "You're sure you want to go there? You are menstruating and I don't want you to get exhausted." I asked while looking straight into her eyes through the mirror. Settling all her hairs on a side, I nuzzled my nose in her neck to inhale my favourite fragrance and heard her giggling.