46| Insecurities

Published on 15th January 2022.
______________________________

100k reads!
Is it really true?

This song appeared in my YT suggestion list a month ago and I can't forget it till now.

Vaccinated, and down with pain in lower back and left arm. It feels like I'm in heaven. Lol.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, follow...
Happy reading.

I just wanna leave right now
Could care less about rainbows
Trippin’ outta my mind
Got me hallucinatin’ your face

– S H R U T I –

My heartbeat rose as I checked the time. Rishabh calls me at seven everyday but there was no sign of his call today. If he was busy, he could've messaged me. I was scared. I mean, anything wrong could've happened.

The time was 7:30 now.

If he's not going to call me in the count of five, I'll beat the shit out of him!

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

I heard my phone emitting a loud sound and sighed. It was him! I picked the call up and turned my camera off. "What are you doing Shruti? I can't see you."

"I know."

"Then turn your camera on."

"Do you have any reason for why you're thirty-one minutes late?" I asked and he sighed. "Any explanation?"

"Meeting. And I couldn't message you because it was mandatory to switch phones off. The meeting stretched out an hour late because the head of the other party overslept."

Overslept?

What type of head he or she was? I mean, how unprofessional can someone be.

It's not my concern.

Poor Rishabh and his company have to deal with them.

"So, are you going to enlighten me with your presence, your majesty?" He asked while walking around the room, showing me the view in background. I groaned and switched my camera on.

"You aren't funny at all." I tossed on the bed and controlled my breath. He let a short laugh out and I held my phone parallel to my eyes as my head lied comfortably on the soft pillow.

"What are you doing?"

"Talking to you."

"Your sense of humour is bad too. We're a great match indeed." I rolled my eyes at his flattering speech and sent him a kiss emoji. "Umm... A kiss? Don't you think real kisses are better than this?"

"Your expectations are too high. Moreover you flew there, not me. Your loss." I answered and he shook his head. "How many more days are you gonna stay there?"

"The trip is for fourteen days and eight days are done. Fourteen minus eight equals to six. Hence, six days are left. You know, it's a first grade's calculation."

Six days!

I'm missing him a lot.

Plus, tomorrow is the last day of year.

He sat on the couch and poured water in a glass before sipping it slowly. "Are you on your periods?"

"No. But it's gonna arrive soon."