47| I Missed You

Published on 25th January 2022.
____________________________

Rishi's POV today.

Plus, it's too cold here.
Min temperature is 4° today.
We can't even go out and sit under the sun.
That's the reason I hate winters!

Okay, enough hate for winters.
Atleast I can sleep till late morning.
:)

Waiting, I just keep on waiting
For the final curtain
'Cause I just can't let go of your love

– R I S H A B H –

I was in the car, checking the status of construction of our new showroom when my phone rang. As it was from papa, I quickly picked it up.

"Are you going somewhere?" Ma asked as soon as she saw me. It was obvious, they could see through the rear windshield in background. I knew there was no point in changing the topic but lying was the only choice left.

I shook my head and spoke, "I was in the meeting. And now I'm going back to the hotel. How's everything there?"

"Fine. We just came back from the new year party." Papa spoke and I raised my eyebrows.

"Isn't it too early to be back?"

"Your ma isn't feeling good. We had to be home."

"What's the matter ma? Is everything fine."

"I'm fine. I guess it's flu. It would be fine soon." She spoke and I sighed.

"Why aren't you taking care of yourself? You're not a child ma."

"Hey, don't scold my wife." If I had to do something, I would've hit my head on the wall. I mean, I was telling ma to take good care of herself but papa was in another mood.

"I can't win from you. Where's Shruti?"

"She's preparing a decoction for me. It's been a long time she's in kitchen, I wonder what's taking her so long."

"I'll call her, don't worry." I suggested and they nodded. Hanging up on the current call, I immediately dialled Shruti's number but my mood worsened when she didn't pick it up.

Why wasn't she picking my call?

I hung up on her earlier in the morning when she asked me to turn my camera on and show my face. Was she angry for such an issue? I was on the airport when I received her call. I couldn't show my background and tell her that I was on my way back to home, could I?

My work finished earlier than expected and I was extremely thankful to the situation. I cancelled my ticket which was booked with rest of the staff for six days later and bought a ticket for the latest flight. I had absolutely no plans to stay alone and roam in a foreign city when my family was far away from me.

After ringing her for the fifth time, which was also left unheard by her, I sighed and closed my eyes. A wait for few minutes was the only thing I could do.

I reached home at 11:27 and saw all the lights off. Everyone was asleep and I took it as a disgrace to wake everyone up at this hour. Our entire neighborhood was busy celebrating the new year eve, counting the last few minutes of this year and our family was sleeping.

They would've been out too if ma's health was good.

Using the spare key, I walked in and shifted all my bags inside. Ascending the stairs, I stepped in my room and saw my wife sleeping on the bed. My pillow was sandwiched between her arms, being crushed mercilessly while her soft snores filled the volume of entire room.