ONE

• a family •

A flight from France to New York is in fact tiring

A flight from France to New York is in fact tiring. Right now, I am in the airport's parking lot waiting for my brother to come pick me up.

My brother that I have never seen before. My brother that could be anyone; a teacher, a doctor, a drug addict, a psycho... I love how positive I am.

A brother means family. I have never had that— I actually had a mother. My mother who died when I was six. I even still remember her. She was sweet and caring.

But she's dead because I killed her.

Don't you dare fucking smirk— Shit I just did.

I am psychotic. But hey! If you look closely enough there is 'hot' in 'psychotic' so I don't see the problem.

'You will love your family.' The social worker told me. f a m i l y. What is that and how does it work?

I turned my phone on and went on google asking the definition of family.

I quickly got the results:  a group of one or more parents and their children living together as a unit. Wow very helpful.

I chuckled at myself before putting my phone back in my back pocket.

"Excuse me, did you happen to see a pregnant woman around here?" A guy asked me causing me to stop the music coming out of my headphones. "I am Derek by the way."

Unlike the way you think of me, I am actually a timid person. I am not the same person during a mission and in my everyday life.

"No sorry." I responded.

"It's okay. Mind if I wait for her here?" He asked and I shook my head 'no' giving him a small smile.

Before I could turn my music on, he spoke again.

"My sister is pregnant and she is in her third trimester." He informed me, I don't know what made him think that I am interested in his life. But to be polite, I nodded. "This is her fifth child."

"Uhm... Congratulations..?" I said feeling the urge to speak.

"No." He deadpanned. "I don't know if her husband knows that condoms exist, let's stop bringing children on earth, they are monsters." What does 'condoms' mean?

I chuckled at his last sentence. "Sometimes they are adorable though." I said even though I agree with him, kids are scary.

"Adorable? Not my sister's children anyway." He shook his head. "I really hate kids, it's not because I am infertile or anything you know? I love being infertile."

My eyes widened at his last words. Why would he say that to a stranger? To a child?! Sir I am only thirteen—

"Uhm, yeah.." I don't know what to say.