TEN

• poisoned •

I leave my circle and people stop chatting waiting for my decision, waiting to see what line I am gonna cross, the red one or the green one?

I look at Gabriel and I see that unsettling smile on his face thinking that would draw me to him? It literally makes me want to kill myself at the memories that I get looking at it!

Oh to slap that face of his.

I walk towards the French mafia slowly and I stop in front of Gabriel, in front of the line. His smile turns into a smirk thinking he had won, his eyes sparkled evilly. The crowd started chatting once more, some are even cheering. The Cortellos are known for being so loyal to each other and seeing a Cortello chooses the enemy is definitely something.

"Come on Morana." He whispered and his voice sent chills to my body, I feel disgusting whenever I am close to him or even in the same space as him.

My hand got in the air and slapped him across the face. The gasps were heard loud and clear.

I don't look at Charles who's next to him or the man I care about. They never protected me from this monster. They could have but they never did especially Charles, he could have done something to stop the punishments, he damn well knew about them.

"Je t'emmerde. (Fuck you.)" I muttered. This is my first time ever standing up for myself to Gabriel. I remember being so scared of him, literally just two weeks ago, I was terrified of him. Well not damn anymore.

I took a couple of steps back and pulled out the knife that he gifted me last year, I sent it straight to the middle of him, his private part yeah. that's why some people chuckled knowing damn well I wanted to stab him just there.

I turned on my heels and walked straight to Giovanni not even stopping in front of the line, I just crossed it so confidently. I made the right choice. I hope I made the right choice.

"Morana is officially the Italian mafia princess, she is MORANA CORTELLO." The people started clapping and cheering. People are so cringy.

Giovanni puts his arm around my shoulders and we turned around attempting to leave because we need to before something bad happens.

People start getting closer to us and I look back out of curiosity and from the corner of my eye I see a sniper, I keep calm and continue walking.

"There's a sniper." I whispered.

"I know, Dom is already taking care of it." Giovanni told me. 

I turn around once more and I don't find the sniper, damn that was quick.

"Morana t'es dans la merde! (Moran you're in deep shit!)" I hear Beau yell from a far. He's not wrong.

"Ferme ta grosse gueule espèce de fils de pute! (Shut the fuck up you son of a bitch!)" I yelled back.