TWENTY TWO

• what's wrong •

"Gabriel punished me for it already-" I stopped speaking

"Gabriel punished me for it already-" I stopped speaking. I forgot that two of my brothers know about the punishments and they happen to be in the same room- wait, no, all of them know about my punishments. Fuck.

My phone started ringing cutting through the painful silence. It's another assassin that will probably ask for a favour or a collaboration. I try to hang up on him because I'm not in the mood to talk with anyone but my screen is shattered so it's broken and I got so frustrated so I threw my phone on the ground and stepped on it and finally the ringing stopped. But now there's only silence, I wish I had answered that phone call.

"What's wrong?" I asked them knowing damn well what's wrong.

Gio let out an angry chuckle. "Yeah, what's wrong?" He said sarcastically opening a bottle of scotch-yes I am learning the names of alcohol juices- "What's wrong Morana?" He asked but I am angry. I am so angry.

I passed the crying stage. Now it's time to transform that sadness into anger-that doesn't mean there won't be tears, there will be tears, always.

"Nothing is wrong, Gio. I have everything under control." I said and he looked at me raising his eyebrows at my tone. Normally when I'm this angry, Gabriel throws me in a cell for like three days, he told me it's to help me control my anger... but I don't think that's the case, I think he was scared that I would kill him, he was scared of me.

"A lot is wrong, Morana." He said draining his entire drink in one gulp before pouring more into his glass. "Fucking a lot." He kept looking at me waiting for me to crack maybe? Waiting for any emotions to show on my face but besides anger, he won't be able to tell anything. That shower did me so good. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want to." I answered right away. "Because it's none of your business."

"It's none of my business?" He put his glass down but with too much force that the glass shattered everywhere.

Even in my angry state, he still scares me too fucking much. And that's impressive. No one has managed to scare me when I'm this angry- nearly out of control.

"It's not that big of a deal-" I said but he cut me off.

"Fucking hell Morana! It's a fucking big deal! He hurt you in the worst way possible!" He exclaimed taking steps closer with every word he spoke.

"I am an assassin, Gio." I said because I don't think they understand. "I get hurt all the time just like Dom and Kieran and every assassin in the underground. It's nothing I can't handle. It's what makes me stronger."

"It makes you stronger? No, I don't fucking think so. The only thing that should make a thirteen year old stronger is a glass of milk before bed." Adriano said and I almost chuckled if I wasn't so terrified of Gio.