SIXTEEN

• nickname •

Then I only hear a notification that I got a message

Then I only hear a notification that I got a message. And it was the most horrific and terrifying message I could ever receive. A message that can easily destroy my life. The only thing I can do to get out of this situation is... to kill Domenico and Giovanni Cortello.

Well obviously I am not gonna do that. I'd rather... die than do that.

I remove the covers from my body and sit up. I am just staring at the message. Feeling nothing at the moment. The only sound I am hearing is my breathing and my heart beating so fucking fast.

Another message popped up from the same person. 100 more videos.

Videos.

Security camera videos. Security camera videos of Gabriel's office. Security camera videos of Gabriel's office while he was punishing me.

Another message popped up from the same person. 50 more videos.

I am still not believing what's happening. I lower down the volume and open one of the videos. As I watch it, tears started leaving my eyes at the sight of me naked and crying and Gabriel just... touching me.

I close the video.

A message pops up;

Coucou ma petite.
I warned you Morana. I told you there will be consequences if you don't choose me. Kill Domenico and Giovanni. You have a day until I send these videos to your brothers and trust me, they will kick you out of there. You have two days until I send those to everyone in the underground world. Sois pas stupide Morana. Avec beaucoup d'amour, Gabriel.

I throw my phone across the room— "The fuck— Wait why do you even have that?" Milo asked coming into the room without fucking knocking. "Hey what's wrong?" He questioned after looking at my state. Terrible state. But I can't even blame myself. "Rana what's wrong?" I look up at him when I hear a nickname. My first ever nickname. No one has ever called me anything other than Morana and I absolutely hate my name so hearing a nickname no matter how stupid it sounds, it really does something to me, really like thank you Milo..

"Nothing—"

"Bullshit." Milo cut me off sitting next to me on the bed. "Talk to me." I really wish I can talk to him and tell him my problems and let him help me but I am scared of their reactions. No matter how our relationship is, they are still scary.

"Nothing specifically. I just feel..." I sniffed as I tried to wipe the tears off my cheeks. "I just feel so tired— and not tired I want to go to sleep— Just genuinely tired."

Milo sighed knowing damn well he can't do anything about that. I am going through... something that is like... I am realising that what Gabriel did to me was wrong. As stupid as I may sound but I didn't know that his punishments—his whole treatment to me was wrong because I didn't know what was right or wrong. I never went to school that much. I never really interacted with people. I never really watched the tv. I never really did anything besides missions. And now that I know, I feel like a victim. A pathetic stupid ridiculous victim and I hate it more than anything.