TWENTY EIGHT

• On the count of •

Here I am in front of the French base— god, I love this place— even though it's where Gabriel usually punished me but

Here I am in front of the French base— god, I love this place— even though it's where Gabriel usually punished me but... I grew up here, every corner of this big property has a memory of mine and many of those are good moments.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up at Milo and nodded. I am ready. I know I thought I won't ever be ready but it's not true. I just want it to be over. I just want to close this chapter and be a new Morana. I also know I said I hated myself, I hated Morana, but no, she's the one who took care of me, she's the one who made who I am today, she's my forever friend. How can I hate her? Every friendship has its own fights, but the truest one is no matter how many fights you get into, they will always be there.

The plan is to just go into the base, the soldiers supporting me will have white bracelets on. The ones who don't have the bracelet aren't my friends or hate me because I'm a girl and stronger than them or too loyal to the French mafia. I go in, walking discreetly and looking at my old colleagues wrists, every time I find a white bracelet I nod at them. And every time I don't find a white bracelet, Dom kills them.

"Wait—" Elio whispered grabbing mine and Dom's arms throwing us against the wall as we were about to take a turn. I let out a wince and Elio kissed my head briefly in apology.

"What?" I asked. Elio pointed at the camera looking over the corridor we were about to enter. "It's red, so it's on." He responded and I noticed the red button. "Let's stay focused guys."

"Good call." Milo nodded at him and Elio shrugged. I mean Elio is the one known to be the genius and the torture god.

"Mathieu, the thirty-seventh security camera is on." I said in my ear piece. "On it." Mathieu responded and after two minutes the red button isn't glowing red anymore.

"Let Elio lead us through the corridors." Milo said and I nodded. Elio is too focused and notices every detail. He's too good at everything— I don't know about his fighting skills though, I don't remember ever seeing him fight.

"Dom—!" I grabbed Dom's hand with the knife as he was about to stab a soldier with a fucking white bracelet on. "Pardon." I told the guy who shook his head saying it's okay.
I glared at Dom who shrugged. He's one fucking asshole. And it wasn't the first time he has done that, I think Dom misunderstood the mission, we were supposed to take Gabriel and leave without killing anyone if possible but the guy is just eager to kill french soldiers.

Too soon we were in front of Gabriel's office. Fuck. I love this place— except for Gabriel's office, while good things happened to me in there, bad things killed every memory of the good ones.

"I need to go in alone first." I muttered.

"Morana—"

"Please, Milo, give me one minute, then you can come in." I begged.