TWELVE

• glass •

I open my eyes not remembering what happened before closing them

I open my eyes not remembering what happened before closing them. There's a big window that helped me realise that it's maybe 8 in the morning.

My whole body aches. I blink too many times yet my vision is blurry. It's so dark. I sit up slowly and look beside me to find a body, a dead body. I don't freak out because I don't know what's happening, I can detect another dead body on the couch and another one on a chair.

What the hell happened? I try to remember but nothing came up to my mind.

I get up so slowly, I feel like I am going to faint, I wipe some sweat that is on my forehead dropping on my neck, my eyes are barely open.

I look at the window and I see a shadow. Someone is trying to get in, I can't see his face, I get closer and the guy started grinning at me so weirdly and unsettling then out of a sudden he started trying to open the window and his eyes are looking at me wide open— So wide it's humanly impossible. His eyes are so fucking red, nearly as red as mine. He started muttering that he's coming for me saying that over and over again.

He managed to open the window and that's when a scream left me needing help, I ran to the window and punched it that I broke it and the glass went everywhere. The guy was falling still looking at me with his so wide red eyes and muttering the same words.

I take a gun that was on the table and ran out of the room when the dead bodies started getting up and chasing me.

A lot of men came in my way but I managed to run away— I don't have my knife, I have a gun and I can't kill with guns, it destroys me. I thought I finally reached a big door that is maybe the exit but so many men came my way.

I screamed for them to leave me alone, that I am gonna kill them if they don't get out of my way but it didn't work they were still trying to get closer to me so I had no other choice than to defend myself. Their faces are all the same, with wide red eyes and teeth nearly black, grinning at me and muttering the same words; I am coming for you.

935

938

942

946

951

Something pierced through my neck— something like a needle causing my vison to start getting better. I blinked a few times, I blinked and blinked and blinked.

And remembered what happened when I saw Milo Cortello backing away from me with a needle, the antidote.

I realised it was all an illusion.

But not all.

I did kill.

I killed innocent guards who were just trying to help me.