TWENTY ONE

• please •

"You were on your way to the airport

"You were on your way to the airport." Gio said to me sitting behind his desk. I'm in one of the chairs in front of him. Kieran is standing leaning on the wall— and looking like shit— Adriano is trying to punch Elio on the other side of the office.

"Adriano stop." Elio told him trying to get away from him. "Seriously grow up man."

"Dude, you scared of me?" Adriano provoked him.

"Don't say shit like that and go cry later."

"Cry? Me? You're talking to Adriano fucking Cortello."

"Boys!" Gio put his hand in the air to stop Elio and Adriano who looked so offended that Gio called him a boy. Elio sat on the floor leaning his back on the wall beside Kieran and Adriano just stood next to me. "What the fuck is going on with you?" Gio asked me.

"What the fuck is going on with him?" I asked pointing at Kieran who just flipped me off.

"He's always like that." Adriano said and Elio laughed.

"What's fucking funny?" Kieran grimaced looking down at Elio. "Grow the fuck up."

"Woah, slow down there. You don't want to piss me off." Elio glared at Kieran.

"Fucking respect me—"

"It's not like you deserve any respect—"

"Elio!" Gio hit the table with his hand. "Apologise to Kieran."

"What the fuck—"

"Apologise to Kieran. He's your older brother and you treat him with fucking respect."

"That's my cue to go." Elio said getting up. Now you see, Elio may appear the nicest out of all of us but when he's angry which is very rare, you'd rather deal with me than him.

"You didn't apologise."

"I won't." Elio said still walking towards the door. He's really testing Gio's patience which is bad because he's already pissed at me.

"ELIO!" Gio yelled. If Elio just apologised, we would have moved on with our lives but the Cortello ego... Elio stopped in front of the door. "You need to apologise."

"Are you saying this as my capo, or as my brother?"

"Elio, this is a family matter." I decided to step in.

"So as my brother," He said turning around smirking at Kieran. "Fuck you." He said before slamming the door.

"Gio, drop it. I will deal with him later." Kieran said when Gio stood up ready to go after Elio. The fact that Kieran wanted to drop it had us all shocked. "I have an important thing to tell you so whatever this meeting is about, can we hurry?"

I looked at him because this is unlike him, Kieran never lets any chance of beating up his brothers go. I raised my eyebrows questioning him silently. But he looked away.