THIRTY FOUR

• five out of six •

"Who's that?" I asked Cassio as we're standing in front of an Italian base

"Who's that?" I asked Cassio as we're standing in front of an Italian base. You won't believe who Cassio is, he's a fucking Italian assassin and we actually get along just fine, it's been three months since I have been going on missions in the name of the Cortello Mafia, at first it was really tense between the Italian soldiers and I but now, some of them actually accept me, then some of them pretend to accept me scared of Gio, then some of them still don't hide their hate for me, however things are getting better between them and I.

"That's Romero Riva." Cassio responded. My eyes widened, this is the guy they want me to marry— well wanted me to marry before Kieran made sure that whoever uttered my name next to Romero's lost his life.

"He's coming on this mission with us?" I asked. Romero was on the other side of the street talking to the other assassins. We're a total of seven assassins on this mission.

"Yes." Cassio nodded. Him and I are the only Cortello assassins on this mission, Dom was supposed to be here but things between him and I aren't good at the moment so Gio sent him on a solo mission, I will tell you the reason later. Then the other five assassins are Matteo and Romero Riva, and then Jake Perez and the last two are Canadian, Xavier and Nolan, I don't know them well but they are very strong.
Matteo Riva is leading this one since he's the most experienced out of all of us and the oldest. And this is an important mission.

"Yo." Jake came up to me, he shook hands with me then Cassio. "Romero is going on big missions now huh."

"So? I have been going on big missions since I was seven." I shrugged.

"Your strongest underground minor tittle is in danger." He told me causing me to glare at him. He raised his hands in surrender. "Okay, you don't want honesty."

"Honesty? The guy is here with his uncle to protect him and you compare him to me?!"

"He went on missions without his uncle—"

I pushed him against the wall my knife to his neck. "Stop fucking messing with me! We both know he's nothing compared to me!"

"Denial—"

"My knife is against your fucking throat, I'd be careful with what I say next!"

"Morana. Control yourself. Stop this childishness right the fuck now." Matteo Riva grabbed my arm getting me away from Perez. I freed my arm glaring at him, Cassio is immediately at my side.

"Never fucking touch me again." I glared up at Matteo.

"Then behave." He spat out bringing his face closer to mine. I didn't break the eye contact. Instead, I got even closer to him. Cassio stepped between us. "Let's calm down, shall we?" He said to the both of us.