TWENTY

• blood for blood •

I know I said this many times but I really never liked my name

I know I said this many times but I really never liked my name. Like what are my nicknames supposed to be? Momor? Mory? Ran? I can't take it seriously. Apparently it's not really my name, but no one knows my real name. I remember mother changing it because I have a faint memory of her calling me a name that starts with N, then all of a sudden she changed it—

"So you okay?" Kieran asked me interrupting my thoughts. I nodded in response.

"You sure?" Adriano asked me and I nodded again. "Like... you're fine?" I nodded once again.

It's been fifteen minutes and they didn't stop asking me that same exact question. I am getting tried of nodding, my neck is sore!

"She's lying. She's not fine." Elio said shaking his head no.

"Why would I be not fine?" I asked because from what they know I should be fine, right? I mean they don't know about the videos.

"No one goes to Gio's office and leaves fine." Adriano said. "What's your punishment?"

"He didn't give me one." I said then looked at their faces and nearly bursted out laughing, their shocked expression is not a usual thing you see from the Cortello brothers. "What?" I chuckled.

"What do you mean what? You don't want to know the punishment I got, you won't be able to sleep at night." Kieran said frowning.

"Sucks to suck." I smiled at him.

"You evil little thing." Adriano said hitting my big forehead playfully.

"I can't believe you got away again." Elio said impressed. "From both, Gio and Milo."

"Favouritism at its finest." Dom muttered opening his eyes. We're all in his bedroom while Gio went searching for Milo. I shot up from my seat and walked towards him.

"You okay?" I asked him and he nodded before trying to sit up but he couldn't so I put his hand on my shoulder and told him to push on it but he was scared he was gonna hurt me so he crashed Adriano's shoulder instead.

"Dom, you didn't take your medication and you don't rest. You're not gonna get better like this." Elio told him.

"I'm fine shut the fuck up." He glared at him.

"You're not fine." I said. "Please Dom, I need you to get better. I can't fight you when you're this sick." There's a war coming soon brother...

"I'm fine." He spat out glaring at me. I sighed fixing the pillow for him. "I'm sorry. This is my fault." I apologised. He's hurt because of me.

"What? No Morana—"

"You all are just gonna keep getting hurt because of me." I cut him off, tears gathering in my eyes. "I don't want you to get hurt. And I don't think I can protect you."