TWENTY FIVE

• we swam •

I think I'm alone in the house, I knocked on all of my brothers bedroom's doors but none of them answered

I think I'm alone in the house, I knocked on all of my brothers bedroom's doors but none of them answered. Kieran was here like half an hour ago, he told me he was stuck babysitting me then he went to his room and I went to mine to shower and just relax after the fight I had with Marcello Cortello. The thing I like most about Marcello is that I beat the fuck out of him but he never gets mad and he doesn't hold back, he gives me his all. Now he went to the doctor.

I don't know what came up to me because for a second it felt like I was in my own head while fighting him. I really didn't hold back at all, I even felt bad when he surrendered but fuck it, it felt so good.

I go into the room next to the living room since I have never been there before and to my surprise, I found Elio. He was in sweatpants and laying on his back on the couch that turns into a bed, now he's using it as a bed, he's watching the tv with popcorn on his lap. He looks very comfy.

He looked at the door to find me and he smiled at me. "I thought you'd be sleeping." He said to me sitting up, his abs and arms muscles flexing, he's not wearing a shirt.

"I couldn't, still worked up from the fight." I said walking towards the 'bed' and sitting just on the edge. I have never shared a bed except for when I was young, after Gabriel's father assaulted me and I killed him, I started having nightmares so I started sleeping in Gabriel's bed and after a few nights, he started touching me and since that moment, I have never shared a bed. Never ever.

"Where are the guards?" I asked because I noticed there was none.

"There won't be guards anymore, thank fuck, Gio removed them. We didn't have them in our home before you came here, they were meant to protect you."

"And now you decided I don't need protection anymore?" I asked happy that they finally know my worth.

"After your fight with Marcello, Adriano thinks there's no need for them. We will protect you and you're very capable of protecting yourself."

"Took you long enough." I muttered.

"Come here." He said patting the bed next to him.

Fuck.

I looked at the bed then at Elio then at the bed again. I felt chills all over my body. I can't. I shook my head no. Tears filled my eyes. I stood up and looked at Elio.

"Everything okay?" He asked confused.

"Oui, t'inquiète pas. J'ai faim, je vais aller dans la cuisine pour chercher un truc à manger." I said turning around quickly ready to leave the room.