Chapter 12: Light During Dusk

Number Three's POV

I'm extremely nervous that I'm pacing on the roof, a bad habit I picked up from Nine. I keep glancing down at the piece of paper that I've written few short poems about Glimmer on. The lights continue to flicker as my anxiety builds. Whatever this legacy is, it's not helpful right now. I'm an alien that is about to meet a girl that I really like for the second time and I have an uncontrollable legacy, that'll scare her! And to top it off, Christina is calling another meeting on the roof at midnight.

I check the clock and decide to walk up to the roof, the long way. I climb through the window and up the side of the building. I'm not really worried if anyone sees me, they must have seen a lot weirder in a city like this. I pull up over the ledge and plant myself on the roof. My palms are still burning and I'm worried that the papers I have might catch fire. I go by the garden where we met the other night. The sounds of the wind chimes calms me down a bit, just enough to stop pacing for a few minutes. I suddenly realize that I don't have anything to impress her with besides these lame poems I wrote. I frantically search for a flower in the garden. I finally find a white rose and pluck it out. I'm jumping up and down inside. I should have asked John, Eight or even Christina for advice on how to talk to a girl as pretty as Glimmer. I picture the white rose in her hair and how the simplicity of the pastel shade of the flower does not compare to her flawless face

I am definitely a poet at heart, I can understand why she wanted me to write something for her. I do like her a lot, but the question is whether she'll like me. She might hate the poems and just humiliate me! Or what if she just wants me in an alliance, but kill me when I'm not looking?

My hands are burning again and I swear that everything will catch on fire. I have a feeling that my legacy is totally going to blow my chance, if any with Glimmer.

Suddenly the door opens and my breath catches in my throat. I brush my dark hair out of my face slightly and I can feel myself sweating. I hide my pendent and take another deep breath.

A pair of hands come up behind me and cover my eyes.

"Guess who?!" she says in a very melodic voice.

"The most beautiful woman in the world" I answer, before I can stop myself.

I hear her giggle and I turn slowly towards her. She has her hair up in a pretty braid and wearing something other than training clothes. Something that extenuates her curves. I do my best to avoid staring, but she is beautiful to look at.

I'm so taken aback by her, I can hardly speak.

"I...I..."

Glimmer looks slightly uncomfortable to, holding a smile that is fading with every second that passes.

"Hi?" she offers as a conversation starter.

"H-Hi...How are you?" I stammer.

"Ummm, fine you?" she asks.

"Good, good, good you?" I pause. "We did you."