Engagement & Soup

Dimitri was true to his word, after dropping Sydney off and checking on Lissa we went back to my room and he made me soup.

I laid in bed with him next to me and we ate soup and talked, and he finally gave me the engagement ring.

I hadn't let him put it near me in front of Sydney. I'm not sure why, I think I was just trying to annoy him.

"I don't get one thing though, Comrade?" I said after emptying my 2nd bowl of soup. He hadn't been lying, he could make it well. It made me want to try his bread.

"What, why I'd want to marry a wild animal such as yourself?" He teased.

"Watch it." I replied. "No, I was confused about how I puked. I've beheaded Strigoi, seen so much blood. I never puke. Yet I puked because it smelled so flowery. That's wimpy. It's weak."

"You're probably just sick. Running yourself ragged taking care of Lissa. We get the rest of tonight and all tomorrow off still." He said, stroking my hair.

"If, Lissa doesn't go into labor." I reminded him and he nodded.

After that I fell asleep in his arms, my happy place.

-

I woke up to my stomache tearing itself apart. I ran to the bathroom luckily before it all came up. I could still taste the flowery smell.

Dimitri was suddenly standing in the doorway.

"See. You're sick." He said.

"I can still smell the flowery smell. I'm gonna shower... And if you wanna touch me at all you better shower and get rid of the smell on you too." I told him, he'd been in the clearing way longer than I had.

"We could shower together." He said softly, and I almost said yes but then stopped myself.

"If I puke in the shower, you're not watching. No." I said pushing him out of the doorway and shutting in his face laughing a little.

Even though I was a full guardian now, I still enjoyed acting like I was still that girl at St.Vladimirs and that he was still my instructor and boy did I like annoying him.

I showered quickly, and he hopped in right after me.

After that we got ready to go visit Lissa and see how she was doing.

I also puked a few more times during the time we were getting ready but I wasn't gonna let that stop me from seeing Liss.

We left, and got there within a few minutes. Dimitri said he was going to the cafeteria to find me some bland crackers or something.

I entered Lissa's room to find Christian sitting in the chair and Liss sleeping.

I sat down in the one across from him.

"How's she been?" I asked, trying to keep my voice low as to not wake her.

"Fine. She says the Braxton hicks are annoying. How are you, Mrs.Belikov?" He asked a sly smile on his face.

I opened my mouth to answer but felt something else coming so I darted up and over to the sink in the corner of her room, violently barfing.

When I turned back after rinsing my mouth out Christian was giving me a weird look.

"What? I'm sick." I said, sitting down in the chair again.

"Your sick? You're a dhampir, your immune system is impossible to get through about." He said warily. He wasn't telling me something, I could see it in his eyes.