Laughter

1 month later
Rose's POV

"Art, Art will you stop!" I screamed, and the little boy's lip started quivering.

He'd been shooting rubber bands at me, and today was already a bad day because I was exhausted.

I'd had dreams last night, about the missing arm, and people dying. I had them almost every other night now.

And spirit dreams, sometimes with Lissa and sometimes with Adrian... And once with a random girl, who I found out was a spirit user living in Maine.

Sydney said, based on her tests, that he baby had spirit magic but it wasn't very strong yet. Strong enough to form spirit dreams, but only with spirit users.

Art ran away upstairs, probably to tell his mother on me for yelling.

I didn't care anymore. I'd originally felt bad about upsetting Art, but as my stomach grew it seemed so did my hormones.

And besides, he was a viscous little kid. But that was ok, I'd been a little bastard when I was a kid too. And believe me, I'd done much worse than shoot rubber bands.

I was sitting, and I wasn't even bored. Just uncomfortable. And Dimitri wasn't even here to distract me, he'd gone to town to get some things. Apparently there was some festival a little ways out of town and most everyone would be there so Dimitri wanted to go now while there were less people.

I was too tired to even beg to go with him.

I was cranky all the time, and I missed Lissa and hell, even Christian. I barely saw Adrian and Zoey.

I only saw Sydney while she was taking tests on me and the baby. I was going to lose it.

But I'd been getting better about complaining.

I'd been thinking more and more about the baby and how it was a real person.

It was real. Not something imaginary, and I was in charge of it. So I had to sit here and be uncomfortable and more moody than usual. I could live with that for another 2 months. I could.

I could.

I could.

I could.

Maybe if I kept repeating it that would make it true.

Dimitri's going to bring tacos home.

He'll bring tacos home.

I heard the door open and shut.

Dimitri walked in, offering me a smile.

"Did you bring tacos?" I asked.

He furrowed his eyebrow. "Was I suppose to?"

"No. Damnit. Tacos sound wonderful." I muttered.

"I can make tacos, we have tortillas and hamburger." He said.

That perked me up.

"You know how to make tacos?" I asked and he laughed.

"What?"

"You just looked so grumpy and upset when I came in, and I tell you I'll make tacos and now you're all lit up."

I laughed too now, my mood slightly better.

Dimitri made me tacos, but they must've been Russian tacos or something because they were the spiciest things I'd ever eaten but boy were they delicious. I ate 9 of them. And then a gigantic glass of milk.