Russia

Sydney picked us up from the airport, Adrian and Zoey were at their new temporary home. Which was luckily only a mile away from the Belikovs.

Lissa had had a beautiful house built for Adrian & Sydney, even if it was small (There were only three of them). And she had transformed the basement into a lab of sorts. For Sydney to analyze my blood and the baby's blood and etcetera.

As we drove I looked out at the Russian landscape, remembering it from a much darker time when Dimitri had been a Strigoi.

I couldn't tell if he was thinking the same thing or not cause I was in the back seat while he sat in front and I couldn't see his eyes.

She pulled up to the Belikovs and helped us get our luggage out of the car before she drove off giving us a small wave.

Dimitri told me to go on inside and he'd be in a moment with our luggage.

I offered to help him with it, but he told me now that I was pregnant I shouldn't be lifting heavy things.

With a defeated sigh I went up to the door, wondering I should knock or not but after seeing Dimitri eyeing me I decided against it.

This was his childhood home, and when I'd been staying here it had been like a home to me.

I pushed my way inside, letting the door shut behind me.

Dimitri's mother was standing in the kitchen and stared at me after I walked in.

"Rose?" She asked surprised.

"Yeah, we're here. Sorry we're a little early-" I was cut off by one of her bear hugs.

"We're? Is Dimka with you?" She asked and I could hear the tears as she spoke. I pulled away and looked into her eyes.

"Is he really a dhampir again? Everyone else in the house told me they were just rumors, that he really wasn't back. That it was a government trick. It wasn't, was it?" She asked.

"Uhm. What?" I asked. "Didn't Queen Vasilisa speak to you? She said she did." I stuttered.

"What? No. No one spoke to me..." She said, and that was when Dimitri's ancient grandmother waltzed in.

She met my eyes and smile lit her face.

"Your the one with the miracle child, right?" She asked in her shaky English.

Dimitri's mother looked from me to his grandmother.

"Yeva, did you talk to someone from court?" Olena (Dimitri's mother) asked his grandmother.

"Yes. I did. I had to see for myself how this girl thought she could fool us. She says she's-" I rushed forward, stopping Yeva from spilling he beans that I was pregnant.

"Olena, we need to talk." I said softly. Glaring at Yeva and daring her to speak.

"About what? How Dimka isn't alive!" Yeva said angrily at the same time Dimitri opened the door with our luggage, looking pale and nervous.

Yeva stilled, and I could hear Olenas jaw drop. Olena was the first to move, forcing Dimitri to drop the luggage as she enveloped him in a hug.

"Мать , я так сожалею, что я волновался вас ." He said to her and she let out a sob into his shirt before pulling away.

Then she was yelling which surprised me.

"Димка ! Вы никогда не будете делать ничего подобного , что снова! я понимаю, вы пошли стригоев , но вы должны уже посетили раньше! позор!" She yelled.

Yeva suddenly pulled Olena away, looking at Dimitri, her expression hard.

"Is it true then, Dimka? Why you and Rose came here?" She asked quietly. In English, thank the lords.

"Yes Yeva. You can trust Rose, she wouldn't lie." He said, putting his hand softly on her arm.

"I've met Rose, and I thought I had judged her character well... But then the rumors of you being restored came about. No ones ever come back from being Strigoi, I figured. I figured she was lying." The old women said before she burst into tears, just murmuring 'Dimka' over and over as he comforted her.

Olena took me into the living room, getting me settled on the couch.

"What was Yeva talking about? She said miracle child... What did she mean?" Olena asked.

"I'm... I'm pregnant, and it's Dimitri's. I swear! It isn't some joke, or anything like that! We've had genetic testing done, and it's his baby!" I rushed out, hoping Olena would understand. Even though my stay here had been short the last time I'd been here, she still felt like a second mother to me.

"You mean... Dimka's going to be a father?" She said, her eyes looked wet with tears again but her face was glowing. "You're going to be a mother?" She asked and all I could do was nod.

She wrapped her arms around me as more tears fell.

"О, Роза , я так рада за тебя и Димка ! Это большая новость , эточудо! О, боже мой , я так рад, что ты здесь !" She said inbetween sobs.

After the rest of the family had come home there had been many more tears.

But after we had all settled down, and the tears had stopped everything seemed... Right. Like family.

Dimitri's nerves seemed to have disappeared. He kept pulling books off shelves, recipe cards, anything really and showing me them. Telling me childhood story's that went with each one.

Viktoria, who I'd gotten close to my last stay... Or at least I had felt like we had gotten close. Right before I'd disappeared (to find Dimitri) we'd had a big argument, and she hadn't spoken directly to me since we'd arrive.

Eventually, everyone was off doing their own things. Dimitri was having vivid conversation in Russian with his sister Sonja.

We had apparently just missed his older sister Karolina. She had gotten a guardian job, much to her mothers dismay.

In Dimitri's family the girls stayed home with the family while the men left to become Guardians, but I think Dimitri was proud of Karolina for becoming what she had wanted to be.

Now it was just me and Viktoria, who had a two year old son named Artur or Art for short.

He looked like Dimitri in my eyes at least

Viktoria cleared her throat.

"Rose, I know it's been over five years... But I want to say I'm so sorry. When I found out you had left before I'd gotten a chance to apologize I'd been devastated." She took a breath before continuing.

"Then we'd gotten the phone call, about Dimka being... Alive again. We thought it was some kind of trick, we thought the government was lying. Trying to make us all think we had hope to defeat the Strigoi. I thought you had lied to us. But you brought my brother back. I'm so thankful." She said, and now I was the one crying.

After more tears, and some delicious Russian food (and bread courtesy of Dimitri) he brought me up to his room where we both lied down on the comfortable bed.

"This will take some getting used to, but I'm happy we're here Dimitri. If we had to be anywhere besides Court, this is a good place." I whispered.

"Me too Roza, me too." He said before flicking the light off. And we both went drifted off to sleep.

When my eyes opened however, I wasn't awake. I was in another spirit dream.