Embarrasment

I was frozen.

Christian was still laughing, and everyone else was still frozen. I had no clue what to do.

How did I say 'I do' wrong in the first place!

It was two stinking words!

Dimitri was staring at me, his eyes lit up and it was looking like he was trying not to laugh.

I took a breath, and then turned to the pastor and stared him down trying to get him to say that Dimitri could kiss me. It was hard to do with Christian laughing.

Dimitri saved me though, taking a ring out of his pocket and sliding it onto my finger.

I did the same, taking his ring out of a little pouch hidden in the dresses folds and sliding it onto his finger.

The pastor smiled a little but then finally said "Then, yeah, you may now kiss the bride."

My cheeks turned red again as Dimitri leaned down and kissed me and suddenly it didn't matter so much what I had done.

-

Afterwards I changed into a less intricate white dress, for the reception and party.

I walked out, Dimitri in hand. Even though I wasn't looking at him I could feel the goofy smile on his face.

I saw Christian and Lissa talking to Sonya who was holding Zoey by the hand and had Prim in her arms.

She was the go to babysitter for Zoey and now Prim, she was one of the few people Sydney and Adrian could trust what with their forbidden relationship and one of the people Lissa trusted to not let the press get to Prim.

I walked over, giving Sonya a hug and saying thank to her for skipping the party so I could have Liss and Sydney here.

Time flew by faster then I would've liked.

Sydney and Adrian disappeared right after we cut the cake, which had been the plan. They were leaving before us.

Cutting the cake had been fun. I had tried to throw it at Dimitri's face, but he had dodged the attack with his dhampir reflexes and it had hit Christian.

I might've laughed too hard when that had happened, but I had to make up for my mistake at the alter. And it was my wedding day, I could laugh if I wanted.

The party started to wind down and Dimitri led me to his room, instead of mine.

His room was barely ever used. We always went to mine, but as he opened the door I smiled.

It made sense why they had used his room, I was always in mine. They couldn't secretly decorate my room.

But Dimitri's room, on the other hand, was decked with silver and black silvery strips of satin type ribbon hanging from the ceiling, candles were lit, the walls looked like they were sparkling.

I turned to him looking into his eyes.

"They all figured that we should have our honeymoon tonight, since we're leaving tomorrow and having a honeymoon in my family's small home in Russia might be hard..." He trailed off, leaning towards me.

I leaned forward and let my lips meet his, and no more words were spoken that night.

-

I woke up to knocking the next day, and felt Dimitri untangle his arms from around me.

He got up, getting dressed, but I stayed in bed with the sheets pulled up around me.

"Time to go, Roza." He said offering me a smile.