Whatever It Takes

DIMITRI'S POV

My stake slashed down across my mothers arm, digging deeper than I had meant it too.

That was ok though, because it gave me a second to think of what to do.

We'd been going at this for hours, I had never really thought about what a formidable fighter she'd been when she was younger.

I lunged for the kitchen drawer that was already open. Our biggest knife was missing.

I grabbed the second biggest, stabbing into her heart.

She fell to the floor and I ripped the knife out before thrusting it back in, she needed to stay down as long as possible.

I ran as fast as I could to our shed. I grabbed rope, chains, metal hooks. Anything to restrain and lugged it back inside.

I dragged my mother outside to a tree, using all my supplies to bind her to it.

Then I took out my cellphone, dialing Vasilisa's number. She answered on the third ring.

"Lissa. You need to come, please." I asked surprised that my voice was steady.

"I'm not suppose to ask you for things, I'm supposed to guard you... But it's my mother." I added.

"What do you need Dimitri?" She asked.

I began to explain.

ROSE'S POV

I was bored.

Which kind of surprised me, being that me being kidnapped should not be a boring event.

But ever since Clarisse had left, Frederick had only been down here a few times.

He did leave the younger male Strigoi though, and I'd figured out his name was Roy.

And he made things a little less boring.

Because he was afraid of me.

I was 6 months pregnant, and chained to a wall but he still was. I could see it in his eyes and how he never came close to me.

I guess it made sense, I did have a reputation. Even among Strigoi.

"Hey Roy!" I yelled randomly at one point after I'd had a short nap. He jumped and a sadistic smile came onto my face, he glared at me.

"You better shut up, I'm allowed to hit you!" he growled.

I let out a laugh. Frederick and that Clarisse chick (Who I hadn't seen since that first time she'd been here) scared me. Roy did not, he was young and he must've heard some pretty terrible stories about me if he was this afraid.

He growled louder.

"C'mon, Roy! Lighten up! Enjoy the sun... Oh wait, you're dead. Maybe, if you ate something... Wait, you're dead. Can't do that either." I joked.

He was suddenly right in front of my face. I let a huge smile onto it.

"If anything, I'll eat you." He threatened.

"Roy, you're not you when you're hungry. Eat a snickers." I said before I burst out in hysterics, this was the most fun I'd had in awhile. I was hilarious.

He raised his hand, as if to slap me, and I raised an eyebrow at him.

He stalked off to his chair in the corner, sitting down an picking up his book he'd set on the floor.

I was quiet for a little bit after that, and eventually managed to take a nap.

Except it must've been more than a nap, because now I was in a spirit dream.