Wedding Details

I rushed into Lissa's room at the Court. She had been sent home after Prim had been born, they'd both been healthy as horses.

She was sitting on the bed, crossed-leg. I saw Prim sleeping in a bassinet next to the bed.

"Hey, Rose." She said her voice layered with concern. "Did you find out what's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out. "And it's Dimitri's, and we need your help!"

She gasped, and then I explained what me and Dimitri had come up with. Then I showed her the DNA results he had given us.

"I support this Rose, it's messy and complicated but... I get it. Prim is completely normal, completely expected. Two Moroi have a Moroi baby. And I still want to hide her from the world. And your and Dimitri's baby... I get it. I don't like it, but I get it." She finally said.

"It's our only option." I said for what seemed like the millionth time.

"I don't like you and Dimitri going alone. What if this isn't a normal pregnancy? What if it isn't safe for you?" She asked.

"What do you mean, what if it isn't safe?" I questioned.

"What if there's complications? And I know you don't want to be a lab experiment, but the knowledge we could get-" I cut her off.

"No experiments." I stated firmly.

"I was thinking Sydney. She'd go wild to study this, she's so smart." Lissa said.

"She'd just leave her family and come with us to Russia?" I asked unbelieving.

"No, I guess not... Doesn't she love to travel though? And she hates the court. Adrian and Zoey could go with to. I could get them a house near The Belikovs."

"And leave them open to Strigoi?"

She frowned. "Eddie would go with. He is Adrians guardian, after all."

"And what about Jill? Her and Eddie are kind of in love." I said, and I wondered why I was trying so hard to prove this wouldn't work.

"Rose! I can't make everyone happy! If it means keeping you safe, that baby safe, Dimitri, Sydney, Adrian, and Zoey safe then I'm sure Eddie and Jill can manage for a few months!" She said sounding worn out.

"You're right. Sorry, Lissa. I just feel like I'm making a bigger deal out of this than needed. And maybe the world does deserve to know it's possible for dhampir to have children." I confided.

"Why do you think I'm sending Sydney?" Liss asked. "She log everything, keep an eye on you, do blood work and once we figure out why you're pregnant and how to tell the world we will. But we're not going to see how they react with you for a guinea pig." She claimed.

I leaned over and hugged her. "Liss, you're the best friend."

She laughed. "I know."

"So where's Dimitri?" she finally asked.

"He's telling the Head Guardians about our leave of absence for our honeymoon." I said, using quotation marks with my fingers.

"Of course the guardians will come to clear it with you." I added. "And they'll have to find you temporary guardians in the meantime."

"I'm not worried about guardians. They'll find me someone good. I'm worried about you Rose. Ugh. I better get someone to escort Sydney here. I'd like to have Sydney and Adrian both here but I know they don't like taking Zoey out when it's dark." She said, reaching over for her phone where she dialed some guardian to go wake Sydney. I sat down next to Liss on the bed.