Spirit Darkness

I woke up, for what seemed like the thousandth time.

I'd been in and out of it since... Well I couldn't remember. Sometimes I could hear concerned voices, and I tried to figure out what was going on.

Other times nothing made sense, I would black out and just dream about useless things.

But now I felt ok. My eyes were closed, there was still a slight pounding in my head but I could think clearly for the most part.

The voices has quieted down since the other times I'd woken up, but I could still hear whispers.

I felt a cool cloth on my forehead, and until then I hadn't noticed how much I had been burning up.

I slowly opened my eyes, regretting it almost immediately. The light didn't help my headache, even though the light was very dim.

Dimitri was there pressing the cloth to my forehead, his lips pursed with worry.

It shouldn't have been my first priority, but j wanted to kiss him. Very badly.

He didn't seem surprised that my eyes were opened, which made sense if I'd been in and out of consciousness for awhile.

I tensed my muscles, which surprisingly didn't hurt. I was just exhausted.

I tried to sit up, and Dimitri pushed me back down.

"No, Roza, you can't get up yet." He said and I frowned. Memories flickered faintly in the back of my mind.

"Dimitri let me up! Let me up! Someone's dying, where are they!" I screamed, thrashing. I was dead tired, but I had to help them.

"Who's dying, Roza?" Dimitri asked, concern layering his tone of voice.

"I can't stand this, Belikov!" I heard Adrian say, but I couldn't focus enough to comprehend what he was saying exactly.

"I know Adrian." Dimitri said, turning his head slightly to look at him. You would think that would give me a chance to escape but Dimitri was too good.

"Belikov this is the, what? Seventh time she's woken up like this? Something's wrong?" Adrian argued.

"Any luck with her aura yet?" Dimitri asked, his voice sounding a little strained as he tried to keep my subdued but not harm me.

"I can touch the magic, anytime now I'll be able to look at her aura and compel her to calm down." Adrian replied.

I continued trying to claw my way out of Dimitri's hold, but had no success. I could barely concentrate on anything, my head was still pounding. I just knew I had to help the person who was

The person with the missing arm, or someone close to them. I had to.

I snapped out of the memory, letting Dimitri push me back down, as he continued to wet my forehead with the cloth.

"Dimitri. Is-" my voice was hoarse, probably from all my screaming.

"Shhh, Roza. It's ok." He said. Adrian walked in, he must've heard me wake up.

"Is she any better this time?" Adrian's strained voice asked.

"She's not trying to escape this time." Dimitri said, his voice sounding defeated. He wanted to help me, but didn't know how.

My tired eyes flickered to Adrian and saw him staring at me. His eyes lit up.

"I can see her aura!" Adrian said.