I'm Still Me

Lissa was staring at me when I walked out of the bathroom, her eyes worried.

"So?" She asked carefully.

"So what?" I replied, letting an easy smile fall back onto my face.

"Are you pregnant?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Don't know, I didn't look." I told her and her eyes narrowed further.

"What do you mean you didn't look? Are you afraid? Give it to me and I'll look." She said, holding out her hand.

I patted my pocket on the inside of guardian jacket, which had my stake and now the white paper bag in it.

"Sorry, no can do." I said.

"Rose-" she started to protest but I held up a hand.

"Lissa, I need to figure out what I'm going to do and I need to calm myself down before I look at at it. I'm fine. And if you really care about me, don't tell Dimitri." I told her.

"If I really care about you? Rose, what kind of question is that!" She asked.

"You're right, it's not a question. Just like that wasn't a request to not tell Dimitri. You won't tell Dimitri. End of the topic." I said sternly, meeting her glare.

She glared at me but said nothing back.

After we both cooled down (as much as we could in the situation) Liss told me if she didn't go into labor within the next two days the doctor was going to go ahead and induce it.

After I made sure she was ok I left to go to my room, sitting on the bed for awhile and just letting myself calm down.

I was interupted by a knock on the door.

I stood up shaking. I opened the door and saw Dimitri standing here, he pulled me into his arms immediately.

"Lissa called?" I asked him from the safe place in his arms.

"No... She called Christian and he asked me for some privacy, but I heard your name and I might've eavesdropped... I made Christian explain to me." He said. He sounded calm.

"Do you believe them? Do you think..." I took a deep breath. "Do you think I cheated on you?"

"Roza," he said, tilting my chin up and meeting my eyes. "Never. But I do think we should see a doctor. You're my life, and I can't bear losing you whatever's wrong."

"Not a Moroi doctor. A human one." I said and he just nodded.

"If that's what you want, we'll leave tonight. I'll sort it out. Lissa and Christian will be in the Court for awhile anyways, they won't need us as much." He started talking fast.

I stopped him. "No, we're not leaving. Not till after Lissa has her baby and her and Christian are both ok. Until then, we stay."

"Roza, something is wrong. You're sick." He said quietly staring into my eyes.

I met his eyes. "Do you trust me?" I asked simply.

"Always." He said. I pulled away from him, taking the paper bag from my pocket and handing it to him.

"I'm not sick. I'm pregnant. I just haven't figured out how yet. But we'll go to a doctor and find out. After Lissa has the baby."

"But-" I could see the gears turning in his mind. His eyes grew darker. "That means someone did something to you. You were drugged, someone did something to you Roza. It couldn't have been me and I know you wouldn't cheat on me unless it was without your consent-"