> one

CHAPTER ONE—————

CHAPTER ONE
—————

Giselle had been waiting for this day her whole life. Her wedding day. Though she had only met him a day before, she knew she wanted this. His name was Prince Edward. He heard Giselle's song from miles away and saved her from a mean and angry giant. She fell in love. "Oh, Giselle, you look beautiful!" Pip, her chipmunk friend complimented.

"Oh, thank you, Pip! But I-I really must be going!" Giselle smiled. She was wearing a long puffed sleeve dress. It was white and almost glowed. Yet, Giselle seemed to trip every second in it. It was almost uncomfortable. But, she should be happy. "I've been dreaming of this day for so long!" She "smiled" towards her friend.

She ran up the steps, her dear animal friends helping her on the way. Tying the bow around her waist, placing the tiara on her head. Giselle's smile never vanished. She quickly ran through the doors, them shutting right behind her. The day had come were she would marry the man of her dreams. She got to the doors where everybody was inside. She slowed down.

"Pip, I don't think I'm ready." She told the small animal that climbed onto her shoulder. He looked at her with confusion. "I'm not- I'm not sure."

"Giselle, you're marrying the man who saved you! It's true love!"

"But is it really? I have only just met him. It's only been a day." She backed up slowly. "I can't, Pip. I'm sorry." She cried as she ran away from the castle, kicking off her heels and running out of the doors. Her animal friends all watching in confusion as she ran.

Pip squeezed through the church doors, with an awkward smile. He ran forward, running up onto Edwards shoulder, whispering in his ear. "Giselle, uh, is gone." He told him. Edward gasped in shock.

"A search! We must have a search for Giselle, my one true love!" He announced to the church. "My sweet has been stolen from me!"

"Uh, well, she wasn't stol-" A hand smacked him off Edwards shoulder. To his surprise, it was the prince himself who shoved him. "Hey, watch it!" He shouted. Pip scoffed before running out the door to find Giselle.

"We must search high and low! Guards, go find my Giselle!" He smiled with his arms open wide. Everybody cheered as the guards ran out of the place. Edward walked slowly out of the place, receiving praise and attention from the people around him.

Meanwhile, Giselle was still running. Her dress ripping as twigs got caught on the dress, the bottom of it all ruined with dirt and muck. She wanted to get to her cottage but it was ruined by that stupid ogre. Her hair was out of the messy hairstyle, flowing behind her. Tears running down her face. How could she have been so stupid?

Soon, she had ran so much that her bare feet began to hurt, she almost felt like collapsing. In the distance, she noticed a town. A group of people. She looked down at herself, then looked at the large puffs on each of her shoulders. She ripped them off leaving her sleeveless. She slowly started feeling dizzy and unable to walk anymore. She noticed that a woman in the group was watching from a far.

Suddenly, her vision blurred as she stepped closer. As she took another step, she missed and went flying forward, collapsing and blacking out.

——

"Move, ladies!" A woman's voice echoed. She was in a house, or that's what she guessed anyway. She sat up slightly, instantly being helped by a few hands. When her vision cleared, she noticed a group of women and men around her age. There were at least 12 of them. "Oh, dear, you look terrible!"

As Giselle gained more consciousness, she realised it wasn't a house, it was a tavern. It was very silent. She looked around and realised she was laying on a table. "Sorry, you're dress is getting dirty." A woman apologised. "Its quite strange to have a wedding here."

"Oh, no, no." Giselle shook her head with a smile. "I was getting married at my... my..." she thought of the word to use for Edward. He wasn't her lover, no. He wasn't her fiancé, what was he? "Well, we had only just met. He wanted to marry me and I couldn't say no. It wasn't until I reached the chapel that I realised I wasn't ready... I have no need for this dress, and quite strangely, I do not like it. I was getting married near his castle."

"I'm certain Prince Edward has sent a search for me." Giselle sighed while dusting off a slight part of her dress. She stood up. "Do you know anywhere I could stay? Or at least stay hidden until I find a place willing to keep me?" She asked the group of girls.

"We do, actually. You can stay with us. We've been looking for help, if you don't mind helping?" A girl with curly black hair offered, looking at Giselle. Giselle smiled brightly.

"Oh, yes. I don't mind, in fact I am very grateful."

It had been a few weeks, Giselle was doing well in the Tavern. She made a few friends, sometimes Pip would come see her in the Tavern. He couldn't stay though, he would have to help every animal in the forest and tell them she was okay. She mainly stayed above the tavern, there was a small room.

There was a knock on the door which made Giselle turn around. It was Anastasia. She had brown hair and green eyes. A kind woman. "So, me and the owner discussed something." She had a hidden smile. Giselle put down the quill. "You can start working downstairs more often, maybe even everyday."

Giselle smiled at her, running over and hugging her. Anastasia hugged back before she dragged her downstairs. "I should warn you, there are pirates that you should be wary of. They are very... you know." She made a face which Giselle nodded to. She had no idea what she meant. They went down to the tavern and you could already hear the yells.

"So, you'll be serving drinks, when a person asks for one, come over and tell me. Or if you can't memorise it, tell me as well. I have a very good memory." Giselle nodded as she looked around the crowded Tavern. It was filled to the brim. "Lucky day, it's filled up." She stated with annoyance in her voice. Full days were the worst days. Too many drunk people they'd have to help.

"You ready? Don't worry, I'll be there for you." Anastasia whispered to her. Giselle nodded before a tray was handed to her, filled with drinks. Anastasia pointed to a table and Giselle did as she was told.