nine

✧.* CHAPTER NINE

Georgia's headache had barley calmed from the time she arrived at the cafe. She sat in the booth with her best friend, Neal, who was waiting for Henry and Emma to arrive. "Hey, you okay?" Neal asked, looking at Georgia with worried eyes.

"Pfft. Im Fine." She looked at his unimpressed face. She sighed. "Okay, fine. My headaches may have gotten worse since we got here. Like... I see a person and.. bam! I get blasted with a headache when I look at them. Like... uh, Mr. Gold or... Mary Margaret. I just," she sighed, closing her eyes and putting her elbows on the table as she rubbed her head. "I want them to fuck off. The headaches, not the people."

"Yeah." Neal muttered, looking at her. "You ever get the feeling like you know them? The people."

"Sometimes." She nodded. "Like when I first met you, I got this small headache. I got some sort of idea in my head that I knew you when you were younger."

"Huh." He chuckled anxiously. "Yeah."

"God, it's weird." She whispered. "I got the same feeling from that weirdly handsome pirate guy that attacked Mr. Gold." She unknowingly felt her fingers twist the cold chain around her neck. "He was hot."

"Ew." Neal laughed, glancing behind them before nudging Georgia. "Oh, here comes Henry and Emma. Hey, buddy! Saved you a seat." He smiled as an unimpressed Henry walked over, sitting in front of the two.

"I'm gonna get a coffee." Emma said, walking away.

"Yeah." Neal nodded before tuning back to his son. Georgia found herself sliding down the seat as she rubbed her temples, letting out a small groan. "Just ignore Georgia, she gets these headaches — which have apparently gotten worse since we got here."

"I'm totally fine." She cried with a fake smile.

Ruby, a woman who worked in the cafe, walked over with a tray — a sundae and coffee. "Here you go. One large sundae, extra everything and one coffee." She smiled, placing it both things on the table before walking away.

"Thanks, Ruby." Both adults thanked — one with a smile, one with a cry of pain as the woman rubbed her head.

Neal pushed the sundae across the table toward Henry, who stared blankly for a moment. "Extra everything?" The boy questioned.

Neal glanced at Georgia who stifled a laugh. "What?"

"You think I don't know a bribe when I see one?" The boy pushed the sundae to the side.

Georgia snorted. "Told you." She spoke in a sing-song tone. "He's a smart kid. Way too smart."

"Oh, shut up!" Neal nudged her slightly before sighing and turning to the boy. "That obvious, huh?"

"So, what do you want?" Henry asked.

"Well, you're mom told me about what's been going on, and we thought that Storybrooke might not be the safest place for you right now. So I was thinking, why don't we go to New York?" Neal sat up straight, explaining to the boy.

"New York?" Henry raised an eyebrow.

"Well, Regina can't cast that curse if you're in New York. There's no magic there."