𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

✧.* CHAPTER EIGHT

Giselle found herself walking through the cold night, a hooded cloak hiding her face as she walked toward the large boat. Anastasia had promised to explain everything to the others, let them know she wasn't abandoning them and would return on one fateful day. Yet, while Edward searches all kingdoms, she was not safe. As the wooden deck creaked beneath her feet, she noticed the familiar handsome man from the bar standing there. "Hello?" She called, the distance yells from the tavern echoing. The man slowly turned around, looking at her as she adjusted her hood, allowing him to see her. A small smirk fell on his features.

"Ah, Georgia, finally accepting the offer, are we?" Killian Jones walked forward, looking at her. Giselle hesitated before nodding her head, glancing behind her every so often. Killian watched her with furrowed eyebrows, glancing to where she was looking. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes... uh, do you hear that?" She questioned. She heard something. Yes, the noise of the busy tavern echoed but she could have sworn she heard something else.

"It's Just the tavern, love." Killian chuckled.

"No, no... it's..." Her confusion faded to something worse. Fear. The familiar guards from the kingdom Giselle had once escaped came walking down the path. "Oh, no."

"What's the matter? A gorgeous woman like you in trouble with the law?" Killian joked until he saw her face. He saw her fear. Her worry. His smirk faded as he gently grabbed her shoulder, tilting his head toward a door. Giselle silently thanked him, rushing toward the door and hiding. As she hid, she heard the creaking footsteps on multiple people climbing onto the deck. "Can I Help You, gentlemen?"

"Yes, have you seen this woman?" The guard questioned, handing Killian Jones a piece of paper, Giselle's face drawn on it. The black-haired man furrowed his eyebrows glancing up at the guards. "If you have, we must know. Prince Edward is searching for her."

"Prince Edward?" Killian questioned. "Why—"

"That is Not of your concern—" another guard spoke before being interrupted by the other.

"She is his future bride!"

The group of guards groaned with annoyance. "Do you ever shut up?!" One of them groaned.

"Oh, for heavens sake, Richard! You need to shut up some times!"

The main guard rolled his eyes at his fellow guards. "She is of importance to the Prince, you need not to know."

"Sorry, lads, haven't seen her." He lied, shoving the paper back into the hands of the guard. Killian chuckled as he walked backwards slightly. "She is quite gorgeous."

"She is of the kings property, if you see her, you will alert the guard." The guard spoke loudly, pointing at the pirate before the loud echo of footsteps crossing the ship reached Giselle's ears. She gasped, using her hand to cover her mouth, squeezing her eyes shut as the door opened. She felt a hand grab her shoulder causing her to raise her right fist, swinging it across a man's cheek. A loud groan echoed as she opened her eyes.

"Again with the right-hook." Killian chuckled, licking the blood from his lip. "Strong and gorgeous." He winked as Giselle winced.

"I am so sorry!" She whispered, covering her mouth. "You scared me! Oh, goodness..."

"It's quite alright, love..." He laughed. "Yet, there is something you're going to have to do." She slowly looked toward him. "Explain to me why the Prince is searching for you. Why are you running..?"

"He..." she hesitated. "He is the man I was supposed to marry."

"Supposed to?" He questioned, dragging the woman to a chair somewhere in the room.

"Yes. I..." She paused, feeling The man's eyes scanning her face. "He saved me from some sort of giant, it intended to kill me. The minute he saved me, he... said we'd be wed in the morning... and I agreed without even a single thought. I had been dreaming of that moment. Being married to the man of my dreams but the wedding day came and I started to think..."

"Oh, Giselle, you look beautiful!" Pip, her chipmunk friend complimented.

"Oh, thank you, Pip! But I-I really must be going!" Giselle smiled. She was wearing a long puffed sleeve dress. It was white and almost glowed. Yet, Giselle seemed to trip every second in it. It was almost uncomfortable. But, she should be happy. "I've been dreaming of this day for so long!" She "smiled" towards her friend.

She ran up the steps, her dear animal friends helping her on the way. Tying the bow around her waist, placing the tiara on her head. Giselle's smile never vanished. She quickly ran through the doors, them shutting right behind her. The day had come were she would marry the man of her dreams. She got to the doors where everybody was inside. She slowed down.

"Pip, I don't think I'm ready." She told the small animal that climbed onto her shoulder. He looked at her with confusion. "I'm not- I'm not sure."

"Giselle, you're marrying the man who saved you! It's true love!"

"But is it really? I have only just met him. It's only been a day." She backed up slowly. "I can't, Pip. I'm sorry." She cried as she ran away from the castle, kicking off her heels and running out of the doors. Her animal friends all watching in confusion as she ran.

"...so he searches for you?" Killian questioned.

"Yes. I ran because of my worry and pain, I thought about returning until Pip told me of his... true self." She shivered slightly. "He did not care for me, he only liked the idea of having a wife."

"I see..." he muttered. "If you wish to run, you can accompany me to anywhere and everywhere we sail, I shall drop you off wherever."

"Thank you." She smiled.

—————

Right, I'm just going with whatever my brain says so YAY. If it doesn't make sense... then I apologise.