thirteen.

✧.* CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

THE SUN HAD FULLY RISEN, lighting up the sky. The crew was all fully awake and completely concerned when Giselle arrived with Killian leaning against her in pain — Milah not far behind. Everyone watched with worry while Milah looked toward one of the crew. "Milah, what happened?" One asked.

"Fetch some water." She demanded.

The crew instantly went to work, rushing to get the water while Milah demanded the prisoner be brought above from below deck. The Dark One wasn't too far behind. Milah had promised him that she would show him the magic bean which their prisoner had with them.

Giselle ignored her surroundings, fully focused on the pirate who leaned against her. "Are you sure you're all right?" She asked once more, gently standing on front of him. "At least let me check." He chuckled, nodding as he placed a hand on her cheek.

"My love, you worry too much." He muttered, kissing her lightly before moving his hand to her waist.

"Well, well." Rumplestiltskin looked around before turning to stare at Milah as he walked passed. "Seems like you've finally found the family you could never have with me."

As the prisoner was brought back to the surface, Milah snatched the bean and instantly walked toward the Dark one. She held it up, showing him the magic bean but before he could snatch it, Milah threw it over to Killian. He caught it, obviously. "You asked to see it, now you have." The pirate spoke.

"Do we have a deal?" Milah asked. "Can we go our separate ways?"

"Did you mean, do I forgive you?" Rumple looked at Milah. "Can I move on? Perhaps. Perhaps. I can see you are truly happy."

"Thank you." The woman nodded, about to turn toward Giselle and Killian.

"Just one question." He stopped her.

"What do you want to know?"

"How could you leave Bae?" As Rumplestiltskin spoke, ropes all around the boat started to snap and rise up. "Do you know what it was like walking home that night? Knowing I had to tell our son... his mother was dead?" He questioned, ignoring Milah's attempts to stop him.

Giselle remembered Baelfire. The little boy she had helped that night at the tavern, taking him back to his father.. and mother. "I was wrong to lie to you. I was the coward. I know—"

"You left him!" Rumplestiltskin shouted, pointing at her. "You abandoned him!"

"And there's not a day that goes by that I don't feel sorry for that—"

"Sorry isn't enough!" He yelled. "You let him go."

"I let my misery cloud my judgement."

"Why were you so miserable?"

"Because I never loved you!"

Rumplestiltskin stared at her for a moment before his eyes slowly travelled toward Giselle. Suddenly, all the words said that night travelled back into her mind, scaring her as she stood there. Killian noticed this, glancing down at his love with worry as the Dark one glared.

"You lied to me." He muttered, staring her down. "And I made a promise!"

Before Giselle could even respond, she was dragged forward and a hand was dug straight into her chest. In that moment, she could barley hear a thing. Her focus only on the red, beating heart that was now inside Rumplestiltskin's hand.

"Rumplestiltskin, please..." Giselle muttered as she stumbled. Killian ripped himself from the ropes Rumplestiltskin had tied him in, running to her as she fell. He caught her, her head leaning against his chest as the Dark One watched the two — Milah standing there in complete shock. "Please..."

"If you are lying to me, dearie, I will find out... and you will meet a terrible fate by my hands." Rumplestiltskin repeated, staring down at the beating heart. "Does that ring a bell... Giselle?"

"You will leave her alone!" Killian yelled, holding Giselle close.

"Now, who's really the one who caught her heart?" Rumplestiltskin let out a giggle before turning serious. His finger gripped the heart righting, Giselle letting out a shout as he did so. But before Rumplestiltskin could crush it, the heart vanished from his hand with a golden glow.

"Killian..." Giselle muttered before her body vanished too.

The pirate looked around with panic. She had vanished. Nothing of her left behind not even her heart. "No..." he muttered. "No! Where is she? Where did you take her?! What did you do?!" He yelled, glaring at the Dark one who just smirked.

"She's gone. And you'll never see her again."

Killian stared for a minute, slowly standing up. "You may be more powerful now, demon. But you're no less a coward!"

"I'll have what came for now."

"You'll have to kill me first!"

"Ah-Ah! I'm afraid that's not in the cards for you, sonny boy." Rumplestiltskin pulled out his sword, slicing the pirates hand with a simple swish. Killian let out a painful yell as his left hand fell to the floor detached from his arm. The Dark one picked it up, holding it. "I want you alive. Because I want you to suffer like I did."

He giggled slowly turning toward Milah. "Now, you..." Rumple did the same thing he did to Giselle to Milah. Gripping his hand inside her chest, ripping out her heart but as Milah fell to the ground, the ashes of what was once her heart, flew away. Her body remained... dead.

A loud yell shouted as Killian ran at the Dark One, a hook in his right hand which stabbed into Rumplestiltskin's chest. He stumbled slightly. Everyone expected him to be in pain but all that echoed was a giggle. "Killing me is gonna take a lot more than that, dearie!"

"Even demons can be killed. I will find a way." Killian spat.

"Well, good luck living long enough."

————————————

I am in pain rn. Everything hurts but I wanna write so...
You could receive a lot of chapters today!! :D