Twenty-Two.

✧.* CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.

THE boat shook as it made it's way the large water-y tunnel which spun around them, every person holding onto something for dear life. Wind blowing through the tunnel, making it difficult to see until the ship made it's way to the surface. It launched through the air, landing onto the calmer water with a loud splash.

Georgia let out a sigh, her elbow beginning to hurt from how tightly she hugged the wooden fence behind her. The second she moved it, she groaned from the pain which shot up to her shoulder — her already injured shoulder. "Is that it?" Emma asked, looking toward a rather large island in the distance.

"Aye." Hook shouted, glaring at the island. "Neverland."

Even though they were far, far away from that island, Georgia could tell it was nothing like the storybooks. instead of the bright, green island which sparkled with pixie dust and filled with pirates and mermaids, it was dark. Georgia was filled with instant dread. But she couldn't tell if it was just the night sky or if that island truly just screamed pure evil. "Even the island looks evil." She muttered, walking toward Emma with her left hand rubbing her own arm.

"I know." Emma agreed, nodding as she leaned against the side of the boat. The woman glanced at the red head. "You still find it weird, don't you?"

"Incredibly, Yes." Georgia nodded instantly, chuckling lightly as she did the same as Emma. "Thing is, you start off believing every fairytale, every story is real. Then you.. then you grow up. You don't believe anything that doesn't have some sort of proof. But here I am... on a ship with Captain Hook, the evil queen, Snow White and Prince Charming. Totally normal."

Emma chuckled as she shook her head, taking another glance at Georgia. "How are you feeling? Since.. since, well.. you know."

The red head laced her own hands together, taking in a breath with closed eyes before staring at the water below. "Nothing feels real." She looked up. "Nothing feels at all real. Like suddenly reality doesn't exist and I'm in a really long nightmare. I feel like I'll—"

"—break at any moment?" Emma finished, nodding. "Yeah... yeah, I-I feel the same." There was a silence as they stood side by side. Georgia gently took Emma's hand, giving her a sad smile. The blonde woman looked at her for a small moment, giving her a little nod with a similar smile of her own.

"Georgia?" A voice called behind her, causing the red head to turn around. Mary Margaret and David stood there, gesturing toward Emma with a begging look. Georgia slowly nodded, giving Emma one last reassuring look before walking away.

Georgia took a glance at the group as she walked to the other side of the ship. Some how she felt.. alone. Mary Margaret and David tried to comfort Emma but Georgia was buried too deep in her own thoughts for anyone to help. Not like anyone would though.. she had no one. Neal was gone. And it was her fault.

The redhead sighed, putting her face into the palms of her hands as she leaned against the other side of the boat. She could feel saddened eyes burning through the side of her skull, watching her. Slowly, she moved her hand from her eyes, still covering her nose and mouth. Her hands soon fell back to her sides, going instantly into her pockets.

She winced slightly as she lightly rolled her shoulder. She could feel the bandages underneath her jacket becoming loose. "Are you- Are you all right, Love?" A voice called from beside her. Giving her a small freight, Georgia snapped her head toward the voice only to lock eyes with Captain Hook.

Georgia slowly glanced around, carefully walking up the steps to be on the same level as both he and Regina Mills. "Yeah, fine." She dismissed, stopping beside Regina. There was yet another silence. "So-" she started. "So you're Captain Hook, right?"

"Aye. I thought that was obvious." He smirked slightly, nodding at the red head.

"Well, Yeah, I just wasn't expecting..." she gestured to him which caused him to raise a brow yet his smirk never faltered. "...This."

"Then, pray-tell, my love, what were you expecting?" He questioned.

"Like, you know, the fairytale. Like-like the movie! Weird guy with a red coat, long black hair with a twirly moustache. Weird fear of ticking clocks, who's enemy is a fucking 12-year-old and has a vendetta against a crocodile!—" The man tilted his head, kind of agreeing with that one. "—You know, Captain Hook!" Georgia explained, putting her hands on her hips. Hook looked at her with curiosity. "You are way different."

"I hoping that's a good thing." Hook turned to her.

"A very good thing."

Regina cleared her throat, noticing the never-vanishing smirk on Hook's face as he studied the redhead beside him. "If you two could stop flirting and focus on getting my son back. It's disgusting." The Dark-haired woman scoffed as she glared at the two. Though Hook continued, Georgia turned to the woman in utter shock.

"I-what? No! Huh? Flirting?" She muttered with shock.

Before any of the three could speak another word, Mr. Gold appeared in a whole new attire, interrupting the ongoing argument below. "No, you won't."

Hook rolled his eyes. "Oh, well, that's a great use of our time — a wardrobe change."

"I'm gonna get Henry." Mr. Gold told them all, looking down at Emma, David and Mary Margaret who stepped closer to him.

"We agreed to do this together." Regina Spoke up, annoyed yet confused.

"Actually, we made no such agreements." He called back to her.

"Why are you doing this?" Emma asked.

"Because I want to succeed."

"What makes you think I'm gonna fail?" She asked.

"Well, How could you not?" Mr. Gold questioned. "You don't believe in your parents. Or in magic. Or even yourself."

"I stayed a dragon. I think I believe." Emma glared.

"Only What was shown to you. When have you ever taken a real leap of faith? You know, the kind where there's absolutely no proof. I've known you some time, Ms. Swan, and sadly, despite everything you've been through, you're still just that bail bondsperson. Looking for evidence. Well, dearie, that's not gonna work in Neverland."

"I'll do whatever it takes." She told him.

"Or you just need someone to tell you what that is. Sorry, dearie. Our foe is too fearsome for hand-holding. Neverland is a place where imagination runs wild, and sadly, yours doesn't." Mr. Gold placed his walking stick to the side, spinning it which caused all eyes to fall to it before...

...He was gone.

——————————