eighteen.

✧.* CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

GEORGIA felt numb. Completely and utterly numb. Tears rolling down her face yet she could barely feel them. Emma helping her stand but she didn't see her. She felt nothing. Complete nothingness. All voices were muffled, she hadn't even noticed she had arrived in Mary Margaret and David's home until she felt coldness touch her shoulder.

"Ah, fuck..." she mumbled, glancing at her shoulder. Beside her sat Mary Margaret, a cold, wet cloth being dabbed on her injured shoulder. The red head's jacket was gone, placed on a chair nearby. The grey tank top she wore giving easy access to her injured shoulder, where a rather large bruise had started to take place.

That wasn't the only injury she had. Thanks to the rather large fight with Tamara, Georgia had only escaped with a few cuts and bruises — a small cut through the right side of her bottom lip, a slowly forming bruise on the top-left of her forehead and her shoulder.

"Sorry..." Mary Margaret apologised, looking at the woman. "That's the first You've talked since... since the Cannery. It's good to hear your voice." There was a small silence, Georgia staring down at the wooden floor. "This might hurt a bit." Georgia closed her eyes, making a face at the cold pain shooting through her shoulder. "At least you can still feel it, right?"

"Barely." Her voice was rough. Harsh and weak. Though her tears had stopped, Mary Margaret could tell just how hard she was taking this. "I can barely feel a fucking thing right now... Neal—" her voice cracked. "Is-is gone. And I.. I didn't do shit to stop it."

"Hey, no. This is not your fault." Mary Margaret denied, placing a comforting hand on her back. Georgia didn't once look up. The redhead slowly looked past Mary Margaret, looking right at the so-called Evil Queen laying in the bed peacefully despite the hours and hours of pain she endured. The woman beside her, noticing her lack of attention, glanced toward Regina too. "She's.. she's doing well. Better than before anyway. She'll be back to her usual self soon."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

A groan echoed, signalling Regina Mills was waking up from her slumber. Mary Margaret stood up, walking right toward the woman — grabbing another wet cloth to dab on Regina's forehead. "You..." she whispered. "You saved me."

"Yes." Mary Margaret nodded as David walked over, having been comforting Emma Swan.

"You really think we'd let you die?" He questioned. "Despite out differences, were family."

Regina let out a shaky breath, staring up at the ceiling. "Where are they? Where are Greg and Tamara?"

"They got away."

The woman let out a breath. "So they still have it."

Mary Margaret looked at the woman. Confusion evident on her face. "Still have what?"

"A trigger." Regina muttered.

"A trigger?" David questioned, looking down at the woman.

"That will destroy story Brooke."

"No." Mary Margaret whispered, shaking her head.

"I had a fail-safe built into the curse."

"And why exactly were you carrying that around?" Mary Margaret asked.

David, never looking up from Regina, answered her. "She was gonna destroy us, Mary Margaret."

"I was going to use the beans to take Henry back to the enchanted forest." The evil queen replied, slowly glancing at th two.

"And in the process kill all of us." The kind hearted woman shook her head in disbelief.

"You want to discuss justification?" Regina furrowed her eyebrows, slightly glaring at the woman. "You were going to abandon me. Or shall we discuss a more pressing issue? Which is that I no longer control the trigger."

"Why.. is there always something wrong with this town?" Georgia muttered, running a hand through her hair before standing up and walking toward the door. Her hand grabbing her brown leather jacket from the chair as she passed it.  "Sorry, I'm going... back to my room. I just... I need rest or something... I-I just.. I don't know."

"Take your time." Mary Margaret called over. "We'll be here whenever you need us..."

Georgia hummed, nodding as she closed the door behind her. A long shaky sigh escaped her lips as she travelled outside, walking through the town and ignoring the many looks she received about her rough appearance. The red head wandered all through town, heading straight to her room in that little hotel.

The moment that door opened. The moment she looked around that room... realisation took over. Like a wave crashing down on her. Closing the door behind her, Georgia felt the jacket slip from her hands and drop to the floor. A hand going straight to her face as a loud sob escaped, forcing the woman to fall to her knees.

"Please let me wake up." She sobbed, moving so her legs were out in front of her and her back was against the wooden door behind her. "Please..."

——————————

Guess who Georgia meets soon? ☺️
Very soon.
VERY VERY SOON.