karma

i don't wanna talk
about things we've gone through
though it's hurting me
now it's history

ꕤi don't wanna talkabout things we've gone throughthough it's hurting menow it's history

Abigail Cowen as Lennon Mayfield

i've played all my cards
and that's what you've done too
nothing more to say
no more ace to play

16 year old Lennon Mayfield was screwed. At least, that's what it felt like as her eyes landed on her step-brother. They had to move to a small town in Indiana called Hawkins, and who's fault was that? Lennon. It was always her fault, and if it wasn't, it was going to fall on her anyway. Billy hated his step-sisters, but when their parents told them they had to move, he hated Lennon more than ever. He was going to miss the California sun. But not more than the California girls. Max was mad, although it didn't last long. She was being more understanding than him, which was an easy job, considering how narcissistic he was.

Lennon felt bad. It was as if she was stealing their life. They had no choice but to leave, and the cause of it was her stupidity, she believed. She wasn't thrilled about the moving no, but probably was the one who disliked it the least. She saw it as a second chance. Well, her therapist told her to see it as a second chance. Lennon couldn't leave her trauma behind, no, that was impossible. But she could hide it as much as possible in a town where no one new about her and her secrets. She was glad Billy didn't know the whole truth. And that Max loved her too much to betray her trust. Her mom was planning on just ignoring everything that happened in California, and it seemed like her step-father was joining in her plan.

However, the thing that wasn't planned was all the shit Lennon was going to go through. She really thought that she could leave a relaxing life there at Hawkins. She would make new friends, enjoy her afternoons with her sister. She could go to parties, get a job in the summer, and just have fun!

But Karma's a bitch, isn't it?

Lennon's guide to survive

side A.
The Winner Takes It All by ABBA
Under Pressure by QUEEN ft. David Bowie
I'm Still Standing by Elton John
Uptown Girl by Billy Joel
Babooshka by Kate Bush
All The Love by Kate Bush
Footloose by Kenny Loggins

side B.
It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls
Should I Stay or Should I go by The Clash
Start Me Up by The Rolling Stones
Slipping Through My Fingers by ABBA
Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield
Super Freak by Rick James
Let's Groove by Earth, Wind & Fire

☽ Disclaimers: i do not own stranger things and anything related to the show. I only own Lennon Mayfield, created by me, and her plot line, along with some other added characters. I also don't own any of the pictures or gifs used, they're all from Pinterest.

☼ Warnings: this story contains mentions of death, gore, supernatural things, mental abuse, different mental illness and others talked about on the show.