014. we were

LENNON had a right to be worried, as they had found Nancy being attacked by some monster

LENNON had a right to be worried, as they had found Nancy being attacked by some monster. Eleven used her powers to save her, throwing it to a side and taking it off of her. Then, when Nancy's safety was secured, they ran out of the building to find whatever it was getting into the sewerage. Lennon scrunched her nose up in disgust, finding it disgusting. And when she asked everyone if they were ok, they answered wearily, but all assured her they were just fine. Although, she had spent at least five minutes hugging Nancy, who needed to take a shower and some rest. Now, they were all at the cabin. Changed and clean, mostly. Eleven was in her room, eyes covered by a blindfold as she tried to find Billy and Heather with her powers.

While Lennon sipped from her coffee, standing behind Jonathan in the kitchen, Will sat by the stool. Nancy was on the phone. Max and Lucas were seated by the couches and finally, Mike was pacing around the room in worry "It can't be good for her to be in there for this long."

"Mike, you need to relax." Max told him. Jonathan glanced back at Lennon to see what she would do, but she wasn't going to get in between them. She was on her own mind.

"What if she gets brain damage or something?" Mike remarked.

"Oh, shit. Is that, like, a real thing?" Lucas wondered.

Max rolled her eyes "No, it's not. He made it up. Mike doesn't know what he's talking about."

"Oh, and you do?" Lennon rolled her eyes as well at Mike's response. Tired of them fighting to see who was right, she focused on Nancy as she used the phone.

"Yes, from The Hawkins Post." She began "I... I called a couple days ago about the... Yes, yes, um... I was just... following up to see if anything else had gone missing, or if... Okay. Um, sorry to bother you..." She hanged up, approaching her boyfriend who crossed who she was talking to from the book "Who's next?"

"There is no next. Unless you want to start calling random people's homes." Jonathan told her.

"It doesn't make sense." Nancy shook her head slightly.

"What part of any of this makes sense?" Jonathan then said. Lennon and Will shared a look, both agreeing with his words.

"There's a pattern, okay? A consistency to their behavior. They've been feeding on these chemicals since this started, and... and, what, they just stop, out of the blue?"

"Maybe they have all the chemicals they need. Maybe they've all turned into those... things." Will commented.

Nancy sighed exasperatedly "But what about the source? I mean, did the Mind Flayer just suddenly stop infecting people? And even if the flayed are monsters now, why can't El find them?"

Lennon looked down in thought "Maybe she can't find them because they are dead." They turned to her in confusion "Yeah. Think about it. In many movies the main monster feeds on smaller ones to become bigger and stronger." Jonathan and Nancy glanced at each other, thinking about her idea.