012. please, believe me

LENNON woke up on her own

LENNON woke up on her own. No boyfriend by her side, and no sister opening the door before jumping on top of the bed. Weird. She knew Steve had spent the night there, his scent lingering on her room. That boy spent a lot of money on his cologne, it didn't bother her at all. Taking a deep breath, Lennon enjoyed the smell of the person she was in love with. Yes. Lennon Mayfield was in love. But, she was also someone unknown to what it meant. It scared her, to be honest. She didn't know what to do with those feelings, although she was trying to act on them. Of course, she was dating Steve and doing all the couple thingy. Still, she couldn't afford to say it aloud that she was in love with him. Not to his face. Not even to Max.

Speaking of the devil, she opened the door with El behind her. Lennon sat up slowly with a yawn "Yes, yes. I'll make breakfast for you two."

Max and her best friend exchanged looks before turning towards the older redhead "Actually, we need to go. Now." Lennon raised an eyebrow, noticing now that they were fully dressed "And you need to come with us."

It didn't take long before the three of them left the house. Lennon was now fully dressed, and they had a little breakfast she insisted on. It didn't matter if the world's fate was on their hands, again, they needed the strength food would provide them. Now, at the Wheeler's household, Lennon stood behind her sister, who sat on the floor. Eleven was on their left, then Will. In front of them sat Mike and Lucas on a couch. Lennon felt like an outsider, but at the same time, their were her kids. Besides, they were glad they could count with someone older than them, especially her. If they were in trouble, Lennon was the one they knew they could confine in the best.

"I didn't think it was anything at first." Will explained "I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it. The first time I felt it was at Day of the Dead." Lennon nodded, remembering how Steve letted them enter the cinema through the back hall.

"Power went out that night, too." Mike commented.

"And then I felt it again at the field near the Nelson farm the next day. Then again yesterday outside Castle Byers." Will finished.

"What does it feel like?" Max wondered.

"It's almost like... You know when you drop on a roller coaster?" Will asked them.

"Sure." Mike replied before Max said, "Yeah."

"No." El replied.

"It's like... everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but... this is worse. Your body... it goes cold and... and you can't breathe." The explanation Will gave made them all shiver. It sounded scary, something a kid shouldn't go through. Something no one should go through "I've felt it before, whenever he was close."

Lennon frowned "Who are you talking about?"

"Yeah. Whenever who was close?" Max also asked.

"The Mind Flayer." He replied solemnly.