002. halloween party

NANCY was having problems forgetting her best friend, Barbara

NANCY was having problems forgetting her best friend, Barbara. She died last year, and seeing a new redhead around school wasn't helping at all. She wanted to become friends with Lennon. I mean, why not? She seemed nice, and cool. With her band t-shirts and her sarcastic comments. She seemed like she was going to fit in. Maybe she was a distraction, or maybe she really was someone who could become close to her. She didn't know yet, but she wanted to figure it out "Good morning, Lennon." The girl, who had her headphones on, didn't listen, passing by her. Nancy frowned, chasing after her and tapping her shoulder.

"Oh, my fucking God!" Lennon jumped, hand to her heart when she realised it was just Nancy "Are you crazy? You scared the crap out of me!" She saw her lips moving, but no sound came out of it. Realising why it was, she took her headphones off "Oh, right. Sorry. What were you saying?"

Nancy shook her head in disbelief "Do you have to swear so much?"

She chuckled "If you think that is cursing a lot, you should see me when I'm pissed off." Nancy continued to shake her head, although a laugh escaped her lips "So, what do you need? I really need to go to the bathroom."

"Are you going to the party tonight?" She hugged her books closer to her chest, looking at her hopefully.

"Yeah, my little sister is practically forcing me to go."

Nancy smiled "Great. I'll see you there tonight. My boyfriend will take me, if you need a ride just call this number." She gave her a piece of paper with her family's phone number.

Lennon nodded "Thanks, but I'll probably go with my brother."

"Ok. See you tonight!" She couldn't actually wait for it. Steve and Lennon were finally going to meet, and she hoped she would like him more than Barb did. Nancy was practically craving a female friend at this point. Hopefully, Lennon was there to stay.

It wasn't often that she smoked, but Lennon enjoyed a cigarette from time to time. She leaned against the car, Billy looking at his watch impatiently "You can glare at the watch all you want. Time won't pass faster." She muttered, clearly annoyed.

He exhaled angrily "If your stupid sister doesn't come here quickly, I'm leaving without her."

"And what are we going to do with our stupid you, huh?" He was going to shout at her, but he realised there were many girls staring at him. She smirked, finishing her cigarette before placing it against the car. He didn't notice, but she was sure hell was going to fall on her as soon as he found the burnt mark.

Lennon smiled at Max as she arrived on her skateboard, who smiled back at her. The oldest sister opened the door when Billy said, "You're late again."

"Yeah, I had to get catch-up homework."

"Jesus. I don't care. You're late again, and you're skating home. Do you hear me?" The sisters got inside, sharing an exasperated look.

"Don't worry, Max. We can always ask someone nicer to take us home." Lennon commented, smiling at her before looking at Billy with disgust.