003. sleepover

LENNON was peacefully walking through the hallways of the high school, when a hand grabbed her arm

LENNON was peacefully walking through the hallways of the high school, when a hand grabbed her arm. Of course, she was startled at first, but she relaxed once her eyes landed on Nancy. The girl wore a guilty smile "Hi... I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for the other day. I don't know what got into me." She knew, she just couldn't say. And, although the Mayfield didn't know what it was about, she knew Nancy knew.

Still, she hid it with a nice smile "No problem." Not liking the short reply, Nancy kept walking besides her. By then, Lennon already knew her way to all classes, so she was aware that Nancy wasn't leaving her alone because she wanted the conversation to keep happening. Lennon? She wasn't so sure yet.

"What you did... It's really nice. Thank you."

"Again, no problem."

Sighing at her lack of interest, Nancy stopped her "Why don't we have a sleepover at my place tomorrow night? That way we can bond a little bit more...?" Because of her unsure look, she continued "I think we both need friends. Would that be such a bad thing to become each other's?"

Lennon hummed, looking away as if to think about it. Nancy rolled her eyes playfully at that "I have to check my calendar." Again, she rolled her eyes "Oh! Seems like I'm free tomorrow."

Nancy squealed excitedly "Perfect!" Without a warning, she intertwined their arms together. Lennon rolled her eyes, yet letted her to whatever she wanted "I'm going to the gym to talk to Steve. Want to come?"

"Sweaty hot guys hitting Billy? Sounds like something I would dream about." She was aware of the basketball team practice, and even if he was good at it, she hoped he got more than one bruise.

Nancy gave her an odd look "You're dreams are weird." She said before grabbing her from the back of her arms and forcing her to walk.

"And you're taking your only friend to break up with your boyfriend." They stopped walking "Am I wrong?"

Nancy huffed "You're not my only friend."

Lennon raised an eyebrow "So you are breaking up with your boyfriend."

"I don't know." Nancy confessed in a mumble. Lennon suddenly felt bad, placing a hand on her shoulder for comfort.

"Hey, bitches before misters." Nancy didn't understand, but she nodded nonetheless.

"Sure."

They smiled at each other before continuing to walk "Oh, by the way. I'm sorry too. I might or might not knocked your head against a wall by accident." Nancy looked at her with squinted eyebrows before laughing. Lennon smiled, feeling grateful that she didn't take it bad. It was actually funny, she had to admit. They entered the gym, where Nancy called Steve's name immediately. While the couple left to talk, Lennon sat on the bleachers. Billy shrugged, as if asking her why was she there. She showed him her middle finger, and that was enough to make him laugh before waving her off.