004. crazy story

MAX sat on her sister's bed while Lennon ranted about how she didn't need to stay away from Lucas

MAX sat on her sister's bed while Lennon ranted about how she didn't need to stay away from Lucas. How Billy's words didn't matter, and that the decision of labelling that boy as a bad or a good person was hers "But I don't understand why he says all those things!" Max whined.

Lennon was getting some stuff on her bag for the sleepover. She figured Nancy was going to be back by then, as they had agreed on it a day before "Because he's a racist piece of shit, Max." She shrugged, placing a hoodie inside. Just in case she got cold.

Max shook her head "I'm so sick of him, Lennon. Can you stay here tonight? I don't wanna be in the same house as him alone!" Lennon felt bad, but she had to do her own life. She didn't need anyone apart from her sister, and still, it was nice to have a friend. Nancy was a nice person, who needed someone.

"Mom and Neil are here. And it's just for one night!" She sat besides her, caressing her hair as Max sighed "I will be back before you notice, ok?"

She took a deep breath "Promise?" Lennon smiled as her little sister stuck her pinkie out.

She nodded, enlacing them together "Promise."

Susan dropped her daughter at the Wheeler's house, who stood by the door with a bored expression. She was about to smile excitedly once the door opened, expecting it to be Nancy. But as the girl's mother stared at her with a raised eyebrow, her smile turned to a polite one "Hello, Mrs. Wheeler. I'm Lennon, a friend of Nancy's."

Karen, Nancy's mother, furrowed with a smile "Hi, honey. What are you doing here?"

"Nancy invited me to a sleepover." She replied, gulping nervously as the woman stared at her in curiosity. Karen was a really attractive woman, probably from who Nancy got her best gens. 

"But she told me she was staying at yours tonight." Lennon frowned, all excitement washing off. Nancy had lied, not only to her mother but also to her.

She didn't know that to do. One part of her told her to say the truth, that Nancy lied. But she also felt like it wasn't her place to do so. She wouldn't like being outed of her lies, so she wasn't going to do the same "Oh, yeah. I forgot. Silly me." She laughed awkwardly, pointing behind her "I should leave now. She's probably waiting for me. I'm such an idiot." Karen nodded, closing the door while the teen turned around. Closing her eyes, she muttered "I'm such an idiot."

To say Max was excited when she came home that night, isn't enough.

The next day, Dustin Henderson needed either Mike or Nancy. He didn't care. He just needed someone who knew about the Upside Down and the whole deal. He went to their house, and the parents of both told them that Mike was at Will's and Nancy was at Lennon's. He hadn't been able to contact the Byers. So, after finding Steve in the doorstep of the Wheelers, they both left to the Mayfield household "I'm not going to buy your cookies." Lennon deadpanned as she saw Dustin for the first time in her life, standing on her doorway.