025. reassuringly

NANCY had woken up by the annoying sound coming from Dustin's walkie-talkie, and after a brief conversation with Eddie, in which he had asked for some beer - a six-pack, to be exact - she had realised that neither of the Mayfield sisters were wher...

NANCY had woken up by the annoying sound coming from Dustin's walkie-talkie, and after a brief conversation with Eddie, in which he had asked for some beer - a six-pack, to be exact - she had realised that neither of the Mayfield sisters were where they were supposed to be. Peacefully sleeping in one of the couches. Alarmed, and taking notice of Lennon's hearing aids placed on the small coffee table, she shook Dustin awake "Dustin! Wake up."

"What?" He leaned his head back, hitting it with the TV that he was placed against and letting out a small yelp.

"Aren't you supposed to be on Mayfields watch?" She asked incredulously, making him rub his own eyes in an attempt of taking the sleep off of them.

"Yep. Yep, yep, yep. Sorry." He apologised for falling asleep. They couldn't take their eyes off of them now that they knew both of them were in danger. Steve had told them he could watch over both sisters, feeling protective over them both. But, his friends said they should take turns, and Dustin failed to stay awake while his.

"Ok. Then where are they?" Nancy asked him, her tone harsh. He didn't realise why yet, furrowing at her.

"They're right there." He turned to the couch he had last seen them both, each with their heads on an opposite side of the slightly uncomfortable couch. Now, it was empty, "A second ago. I swear, I just dozed off for..." He took a glance at his watch, looking up at Nancy with guilt in his eyes "an hour."

Upstairs, Lennon was sitting in front of Max, her hair free as she played with it nervously. The youngest sister wasn't looking at her, her eyes on the red drawings she was focusing in, trying to display what she saw the prior afternoon when Vecna tried to take her life. Karen placed a plate of pancakes in front of them, making them smile at her gratefully. Then, Max's eyes landed on her sister, rolling them before going back to her drawings. Lennon sighed, tapping her hand to get her attention, making her pause for a second before continuing with her previous actions. Tired of being ignored, Lennon grabbed the drawing she was working on, making Max let out a small hey! Her sister could barely hear.

With a mix of anger and sadness, Lennon used her hands to sign "I told you I'm sorry. I didn't want you worrying about me."

Max scoffed, both redheads ignoring Holly - the youngest Wheeler - staring at them curiously "I'm always gonna worry about you. You should've told me. End of the discussion." Max replied, using her hands for it.

Lennon shook her head slightly, knowing she was partially right. She knew Max gonna be hurting once she found out her sister was also cursed, but she had enough weight on her shoulders and Lennon didn't want to add any to it. But, Max thought it could've been a way of taking some off of Lennon's own shoulders. Both sisters were burning inside, and only each other could save them. Even if Max had stated that the conversation was over, she didn't stop looking at Lennon. She wanted to remember her sister, not knowing if any of them would make it out alive. Now, more unsure than ever. Lennon smiled softly, "I love you."