005. hunting

LENNON got out of the car first, lighting a cigarette and walking a few steps away

LENNON got out of the car first, lighting a cigarette and walking a few steps away. Steve turned to Dustin from the driver's seat "Ok, why are you acting like such a bitch?"

Dustin gasped, offended "Did you just call me a bitch?"

"Sorry, maybe it was too much."

"It's all right, dude."

Steve watched as he held his head low "Dustin, why are you looking at me like that all the time?"

He sighed, glancing up at him "Because you just broke up with Nancy and you're already throwing yourself at another girl."

Steve furrowed "What? No! I'm not doing that, ok? I'm in love with Nancy!" Dustin raised an eyebrow, grabbing his head and forcing him to look at Lennon. She was leaning against a tree, glancing at the ground as she puffed from her cigarette.

"Say that again." Steve was left speechless, causing Dustin to seat back with a roll of his eyes "Exactly." Seeing as Lennon had finished, he got out of the car. The older girl smiled at him, opening the back of Steve's car. Steve sat there for a little bit, thinking about what Dustin said before going with them. He grabbed the buckets, leaving them on the ground.

"Dustin! This is Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin?" Dustin heard from his walkie-talkie, the other two not being able to hear as he was using headphones.

Dustin placed his hands over his hips, talking into the mic "Well, well, well, look who it is." Lennon gave him an odd look before Steve pointed to the headphones, causing her to nod as she realised he wasn't talking to himself.

"Sorry, man. My stupid sister turned it off."

"Well, when you were having sister problems, Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby Demogorgon." Dustin spoke. Behind him, Steve was placing his bat on a backpack while Lennon putted her hair on a ponytail.

"Wait. What?"

"I'll explain later. Meet me, Lennon and Steve at the old junkyard." He turned to the redhead, who gave him a thumps up with an exaggerated wink.

"Lennon? Steve?" Lucas had heard about Lennon thousands of times, as it seemed she was all Max could talk and think about. He was very surprised when he heard he joined them.

"And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket." Dustin demanded. Lennon glanced back at Steve as he stood up, closing the back of his car.

"Lennon Mayfield? Steve Harrington?"

"All right, let's go." Steve told them.

"Just be there, stat. Over and out." Dustin told Lucas as they started to walk away, leaving the car there.

They were walking for a while now, throwing pieces of raw meat on the ground and hoping Dart would follow it. Dustin was explaining what happened, which left Lennon in awe and Steve with a raised eyebrow "All right, so let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who... who you just met?"