026. mocking Steve

LENNON wandered into the dark room before the boys did, grimacing at the amount of spider webs she found along the way

LENNON wandered into the dark room before the boys did, grimacing at the amount of spider webs she found along the way. She slowly placed her headphones down, still listening to the music that loudly came out of the headphones. Dustin flashed his flashlight over her before checking the rest of the room, her bright red hair illuminating the room for a brief second. Steve walked in next, sulking as he replied their argument in his head over and over again. Glancing about, he furrowed, asking aloud, "Hey, uh, Henderson?"

"Yeah?" He replied, not looking back at him as he payed attention to every single thing displayed in the room.

"Could you maybe, uh, clarify what sort of clues we're supposed to be looking for here?" Steve asked, causing Lennon to turn to them as she silently wondered the same thing.

Dustin stopped walking, Steve and Lennon standing in each side of him as he said in a British accent, "The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." He quoted, staring at Steve with a smile as he looked clueless "Sherlock Holmes." He clarified who he was quoting before scoffing at his lack of cultural knowledge. He walked away from the pair, inspecting another part of the room.

"That's great." Steve simply said, "Thanks. That's great. Really helpful." Dustin didn't pay any attention as he walked further away "Sherlock..." Steve glanced at Lennon, who was putting light on something on the floor. Furrowing, he followed her train of sight, seeing a secret hiding spot covered by a metal gate "Should we open it?"

Lennon looked at him before her eyes landed back on it "Sure, why not?" She shrugged, going to bend down when his arm stopped her. He stared at her furrowed eyebrows, taking notice of the way her lips twitched downside slightly. Shaking his head slightly to himself, he bended down instead.

"Just let me..." He trailed off, opening the small gate. Inside, there were jars made of glass. Lennon was gonna stop Steve of placing his hand inside when he had already grabbed one of the jars. He held it out, making her light it with the flashlight.

"Are those...?" They shared a look at what seemed to be dead spiders. She scrunched her nose up in disgust, neither of them noticing the spider that was climbing up Steve's arm. He only did notice once he felt it against his neck.

"Spider! Spider!" He yelled out, making her panic as she hit his head repeatedly, trying to get rid of the spider "Ouch! Ouch! Lennon! Stop it! You're hitting me not the spider!" He grabbed her arms, making her stop. His eyebrows knitted together at the sly smile she was trying to hide.

"Oops." Shaking his head slightly, he was going to tell her that they should get out of there. But, he never got the chance to as he felt the spider again. He ran backwards, trying to get rid out of it on his own when he stepped into the hallway, bumping into Nancy who exclaimed in surprise. He backed away as Lennon arrived with a hand over her mouth, snorting, "You look ridiculous."

He glared, pointing a finger at her, "I could be seriously injured and you're laughing at me!?" The girls shared a glance at his dramatics.

"Relax, Steve. It isn't like you're cursed by a clock-maker wizard." She joked, expecting them to at least chuckle, but they just stared at her in worry, making her sigh.