019. the story of us

LENNON liked to sit by herself at the cafeteria

LENNON liked to sit by herself at the cafeteria. Not even Nancy could fight against that. She sat in a corner by herself, near the door in case she needed to get the hell out of there. Nobody questioned it, no one tried to seat near her either. The only people allowed to approach her were Nancy and her children. Other than that, they would keep their distance. Just as she was taking a sip of water, Dustin and Mike appeared before her with their trays on their hands "Do you think Eddie will kill us when we tell him Lucas won't be there for today's play because he's gonna be at the game?" Dustin asked her, both bouncing on their feet as they waited for her answer.

She glanced between them before snorting "Yeah, I'll pray for your souls." She took another sip, watching them groan before walking over to their table. They sat with the Hellfire club, something Eddie Munson created so they could all play D&D at school.

Suddenly, Eddie decided to make his daily show, standing on top of his table "But as long as you're into band or science... or parties," He referred to the different groups, making fun of them "or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets..."

"You want something, freak?" Jason asked him, standing up. Lennon rolled her eyes, being done for the day, again. Eddie placed his hands above his head, mocking the devil's horns. He also stuck his tongue out, making weird sounds with his throat as if he was possessed. His club chuckled as he smirked "Prick." Jason muttered under his breath.

"It's forced conforming. That's what's... killing the kids!" He jumped off of the table, scaring some girls that were passing by "That's the real monster." Lennon switched her hearing aids again, not wanting to hear anything stupid or she might drown on stupidity. She had enough for that day.

It wasn't long after, that Dustin and Mike were sitting in front of her. She raised an eyebrow, switching her hearing aids on again. They smiled innocently at her, after being warned by Eddie that they had to find a substitute for Lucas "Can I help you...?"

Dustin didn't drop the smile as he said, "We need you to substitute Lucas tonight at Hellfire."

She chuckled, shaking her head slightly "Yeah, no way."

Mike glanced at her, offended "Why not? You know how to play, you told us a long time ago!"

She shook her head again, crossing her arms around her chest "I'm working late tonight. Besides, not even if I were free would I go. I love you guys, but I hate that game. Not to mention, I'm not a freak." They gasped, making her roll her eyes "Now go away before I have the need of ripping my hearing aids off of my ears."

"Yes, ma'am." They said at unison, standing up and going to leave. But, Dustin took a few steps back "I like this new side of you. It's hot. You should get a new boyfriend. Or..." He trailed off with a smile "You could call Steve and confess your dying love for him." He watched as she slowly turned her hearing aids off again "Yeah. I guessed you would do that. Not that you can hear me anyway." He muttered, finally leaving her alone. She chuckled, not having really turned them off, but rather pretend like she did so she would finally be at peace.