009. one of your children is here

LENNON hated summer

LENNON hated summer. Well, not really. She didn't like to be all sweaty, nor the warm temperatures. She did love the beach, going to the pool, some good ice cream. The thing she loved the most was making two braids on her hair, that Max would also ask to have. But, this summer was bringing too many memories of California. I don't know, there was a different tone in things. She wasn't sure if she liked it or not.

She was going to work with Billy at the public pool. Susan got them their jobs. They were supposed to be lifeguards, but she couldn't imagine Billy saving someone's life. The job wasn't that bad, the worst part of it was the loudness, the heat, and Billy trying to get with older women.

But it wasn't the only thing she occupied herself with. For example, as of the moment, Lennon left her bike next to Hopper's car. Walking up the stairs of the porch, she said, "The best person in Hawkins is here!" The door opened, but there was no one behind it. She was used to it, so it didn't creeped her out as much as it did the first time. Lennon smiled down at Eleven, who ran to hug her. She liked the redhead, she was nice and understandable. Lennon knew she needed help adapting, and not just her father and boyfriend's. She was also telling Max and Eleven how they could become friends, but they had started with the wrong foot so it was going to be difficult.

"What did you bring me?" Eleven asked excitedly, sitting in the small dining table they owned. Lennon sat in front of her, dropping a small bag on the table.

"I brought you some cool t-shirts. Some shorts, and a couple of dresses." Eleven opened the bag herself, smiling at the different clothes. It was exhausting to only wear whatever Hopper and Mike gave her. At least Lennon's clothes were more of her liking, if she even had that "Do you like them?"

"Yes!" Eleven exclaimed, getting up from her seat to hug her again "Thank you, thank you." Lennon shrugged, her hands wrapping the girl's arms as she hugged her from Lennon's side.

The door opened again, but this time it was Mike with a sheepish smile "Hey."

Lennon rolled her eyes "Is Hopper here?" Just after she asked that, he came out of his room.

"I was hiding from you." He deadpanned, making her shake her head with a smile. Eleven glanced between them, smiling softly. Jim took Lennon's help very gratefully, and the younger girl noticed how he found her admirable. Maybe he could be for her like he was for Eleven. Their hero.

"Don't let them close the door." Lennon whispered teasingly as she passed by the Sheriff. Eleven had complained a few days ago about it, and she couldn't wait to make fun of him.

Hopper groaned, throwing a pillow at her from the couch "Get out."

She saluted him mockingly "Yes, sir. Bye kids!"

Robin Buckley was a nice girl. She always made small talk with Lennon on the hallways of the school, and now she was Steve's co-worker in an ice cream shop at the mall. Their lockers were next to each other, so, Robin always tried to talk to the redhead. Of course, her small talks consisted of Robin rambling and Lennon nodding along. She listened to every word, but sometimes she was on a rush and couldn't stand by her locker forever. They were seeing each other a lot more, now that Steve and her worked together. The short haired girl glanced up from the counter, rolling her eyes as she saw the party walking in. As Mike rang the bell repeatedly, she said aloud, "Hey, dingus, your children are here."