008. for such an idiot

STEVE was nervous as he walked besides Lennon

STEVE was nervous as he walked besides Lennon. He couldn't believe a girl was making former King Steve nervous. But he wasn't that person anymore. He wasn't a king, he wasn't a pawn or a fool. He was a babysitter. It might sound stupid, but it was the reality. He thought all the parties and smoking would make him feel something, but taking care of them was something more. Especially, being accompanied by Lennon Mayfield. He knew the party was appreciating all the teasing she made, even if it was about him, it was something lighter in the middle of a tunnel of darkness.

Literally.

"God." Lucas said, looking around.

"What is this place?" Max wondered, all of their flashlights going in every direction to see better. It was truly fascinating, but not somewhere to stay at for a long time.

"Guys, come on. Keep moving." Steve intervened, not wanting them to slow their pace. He was hoping they could end it soon.

Neither of them noticed Dustin staying behind. But his screams made it easy "Help! Help! Help!" He ran to them, falling to the ground.

As his friends called out his name, the older pair asked, "What happened?"

"It's in my mouth! Some got on my mouth! Shit!" He whimpered. He coughed, kneeling on the ground. Slowly, he looked up at them "I'm okay."

"You serious?" Max asked.

"Very funny, man." Steve then said "Nice. Very nice."

"Jesus, what an idiot." Max spoke again.

Lennon sighed, feeling bad for Dustin as everyone else left him behind again. She held up her hand, confusing him "Come on, Dust." He smiled, grabbing her hand so they could walk side by side.

"All right, Wheeler. I think we found your hub." Steve commented as they reached a circular place, which seemed like the connection between all tunnels.

"Let's drench it."

After they filled the circular space with gasoline, they walked back to where they came from, glancing above all "All right, guys. You ready?" Steve asked.

"Yeah." Mike replied at the same time Lucas and Max said, "Ready."

"Light her up." Dustin told Steve.

He grabbed Lennon's lighter, the girl having to buy another one now. Steve sighed "I am in such deep shit." He lighted it up, throwing it to the middle of it "Let's go, let's go, let's go!" He shouted, all of them running away from the scene.