010. the future

DUSTIN was very surprised when Lennon did believe him

DUSTIN was very surprised when Lennon did believe him. She was the kind of person to point out each flaw a horror movie had. When she was younger, she believed every story her parents told her. Until she realised none of it matched her reality. So, she stopped believing everything she was told. Now, after what happened when she arrived at Hawkins, and the story she didn't believe at first from Dustin, she placed her full trust on his words. If he thought something was wrong, and he had the clue for it, then it was because it was real. They spent the whole morning at the pool, Lennon watching over the people there as Dustin sat besides her. She had gotten one of her co-workers to move one of the posts and put it besides hers. Dustin felt powerful as he copied her stern gaze.

After having lunch together, Lennon and Dustin caught a buss to visit Steve. The kid wanted to see his older friend, and Lennon thought it was best she also came, as she wanted to see her boyfriend. Besides, they needed to talk to Steve about what Dustin found out about the Russians. Of course, when they arrived, Dustin quickly ran towards Scoops Ahoy. Lennon sighed, in no way running. She lazily went to the ice cream shop, arriving to see the two boys smiling at each other excitedly. Robin arched an eyebrow "You're so lucky you didn't have to watch the same thing I did." Her words made Steve sigh "How many children are you friends with?" She asked him, who glanced at his girlfriend for support.

Lennon snorted, shaking her head slightly as she patted Steve's back "Are we also counting in Jonathan?" She tilted her head to a side, making Dustin laugh as he knew how much she liked to tease her friend. Even when he wasn't around, she liked to make fun of him.

As Dustin wanted a Banana Split, the couple and himself sat on a booth. Lennon sat between them, Steve's arm around her shoulders as Dustin told them about his new girlfriend. Lennon smiled softly as he gushed over her. Steve seemed to be as excited as the boy, happy that he was finally getting the girl "No, no. No way. Hotter than Phoebe Cates? No."

Dustin hummed "Brilliant, too. And she doesn't even care that my real pearls are still coming in. She says kissing is better without teeth." He went back to his food, not realising Steve sending his girlfriend a disgusted look, speechless.

Lennon rolled her eyes, ignoring him "That's actually really sweet, Dust. That means she loves every part of you. You shouldn't be with someone who doesn't accept you as who you are." Dustin smiled softly at her as Steve nodded.

"Yep. What she said."

"Thanks, Non." Dustin nodded, glancing back at the plate in front of him "So, do you really just get to eat as much of this as you want?" He asked Steve, curious.

He shrugged "Yeah. I mean, sure. It's not really a good idea for me, though. I gotta keep in shape for my lady." Steve pointed at Lennon, who rolled her eyes at him.

"Steve!" Robin exclaimed dramatically, he rolled his eyes, as he knew she was going to say something to embarrass him "Are you implying your girlfriend doesn't accept you for who you are?" She smirked as he huffed.