four.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

L/N Y/N FELT HIS HEART ACHE FOR HIS POOR JUNIOR.

after ming fan and his lackeys had disappeared, probably to return to the main house, binghe immediately got to his knees and started searching the forest floor, whisking away fallen leaves as he panicked, trying to search for a certain item.

"poor binghe, that pendant must've really meant a lot to him." y/n sighed. "shizun, are you sure that what we did was right? to just stand in the shadows like that?"

shen qingqiu looked down at his junior disciple. he lightly fans himself as he hums in thought. "with the way luo binghe is right now, he's still weak. i need to know if he'll be strong enough to keep learning here. if he's even worth keeping." he answers, trying his best to imitate the original shen qingqiu's words.

he was sure that he wasn't supposed to be here! l/n y/n too, even in the original novel, he wasn't supposed to be out in the forest, he was supposed to be back at the main house so he wouldn't get in the way of the forest scene!

system, please explain that! shen qingqiu calls in his mind. the screen flashed before his eyes as plain text subtitles appeared on the screen.

[ warning . . . . . l/n y/n is still suspicious of both your actions and behavior. until he is satisfied that you are back to normal, he will continue to follow you around. ]

ah, what a hassle. shen qingqiu couldn't help but think. but hearing the system's words didn't completely make him give up. surely if anything were to happen, if shen qingqiu was faced with sudden danger and was forced to make a hard decision, he could always turn to l/n y/n to react automatically in his place.

what a perfect meatshield! shen qingqiu smiled internally.

"you seem really satisfied with yourself, shizun." as shen qingqiu looks towards his disciple, he sees something glint in the corner of his eye. it looks like y/n hasn't noticed it yet. with a swipe of his fingers, he grabs the item hanging off the branch.