twenty-three.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

THE IMMORTAL ALLIANCE CONFERENCE HAD FINALLY ARRIVED.

the registered disciples of the twelve peak lords were lined up along the mountain path as they set out on horseback and carriage. hundreds of junior disciples were lined up and ready, while each of the twelve peak lords either sat inside carriages or atop horses.

well, out of all twelve, liu qingge was probably the only one who rode on horseback. he didn't like being confined to such a small space, so he rode atop his mighty steed. he looked strong and proud, like a powerful hero about to set out to kill a mighty dragon. he was among the horse-riders who were up front, and joining him was qing jing peak's head disciple himself.

meanwhile, with shen qingqiu, he snuck into one of the carriages. he was expected to ride on a horse as he was one of the senior peak lords. but even shen qingqiu knew in himself that he was terrible at horseback riding. deciding to spare himself the embarrassment of falling off his horse and getting a concussion or something else, he entered one of the carriages near the group of qing jing peak juniors.

"ugh! look at you, a big, strong man trying to steal my spot!" shen qingqiu chuckled as he looked up, seeing a beautifully fearsome woman. her eyes were as sharp as knives as she glared at shen qingqiu, who managed to squeeze himself into the carriage with little problem.

the woman in the carriage was qi qingqi, the peak lord of the illustrious all-women's peak, xian shu peak. "many apologies, shimei, but i am delicate and frail. you should already know that." shen qingqiu smiled as he replied, gently fanning himself with his signature paper fan.

qi qingqi scoffed. "pampered and spoiled! are you a peak lord or a princess?!" she angrily scolds him. it was clear that she was also trying to stop herself from cursing him. "ugh, will you need someone to serve you snacks and kiss your feet too?" she hissed.

shen qingqiu's face suddenly brightened. "ah, speaking of snacks..." he smiled as he moved closer to the carriage window. he knocked on the wooden wall three times using the tip of his closed fan. qi qingqi raised a brow. "wait for it..." shen qingqiu glances at the window, an expecting look in his eyes.