twenty-five.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

THE DISCIPLES FINALLY ESCAPED DEEP INTO THE FOREST, FAR FROM THE BLACK LAKE THAT HOUSED THE TERRIBLE SEVEN-STAR AUROGONS.

a campfire was built in the center of the little group as the poor disciples gathered around it, shivering from the traumatic experience and coolness of the night air. y/n wasn't anywhere near the campfire though, he was choosing to rest on a tree branch just above their heads.

he liked having a bird's eye view of everything. but, he closed his eyes, attempting to get at least some rest before any of the disciples down below could get into trouble. but how on earth was he supposed to sleep when he could hear two shidis from the tian yi temple arguing over a piece of meat, while the shimei's from huan hua palace sobbed uncontrollably?

"ugh." y/n leaped down, landing on the ground with a soft thud. with a single swipe of his finger, the meat that the two tian yi disciples were arguing over, was sliced in half, the two of them rolling off to opposite ends. then, y/n approached the weeping shimeis. particularly, qin wan yue.

he took out a finely knitted handkerchief from inside his sleeves before handing it over to the girl. "i'm sorry for your loss." he spoke in a low voice. "i'm sorry i couldn't save her."

qin wan yue sniffled before she shook her head. "it wasn't your fault, shixiong." she sadly tells him. "i was at fault for not being careful enough." she hiccuped before gratefully accepting the white handkerchief. "l/n-shixiong... will we be saved?" she asked him as she looked up, her eyes filled with tears.

y/n looked away, visibly uncomfortable. "if help doesn't come, then i'll protect you for as long as i can." he tries to say. he wasn't used to comforting girls who weren't his own little martial sister. he must've spoiled ning yingying too much in the past year, and now, he was unable to look at any other shimeis who weren't her without getting uncomfortable.

he clears his throat before he recites, "the strong are given strength to protect the weak. hide under my shadow, and i will shield you from all that dares harm you."