seven.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

LIFE WAS QUITE BORING FOR L/N Y/N WHEN HE HAD NO SHIZUN TO DOTE ON.

he had already grown accustomed to taking care of his master, it's practically been engraved into his daily life.

wake up, bathe, prepare shizun's breakfast, wake up shizun, help shizun bathe... etc, etc. every day was shizun this, shizun that. four years of undivided servitude to his master, and now, his beloved shizun had gone behind closed doors, to a place where even y/n wasn't allowed to go.

he knew that this was necessary for his master to grow stronger. it wasn't exactly his place to ask his master to stay, but he did rely on his shizun's orders a lot. to the point where he becomes unable to do almost anything unless his master orders him.

his chores up until now were all orders given to him by the shen qingqiu of four years ago. it almost felt like he was a slave to his master's every word, but y/n eagerly served him. he learned everything he knew from his master, so really, the least he could do was offer him his unparalleled service.

of course, his shizun wasn't heartless. shen qingqiu knew that the very essence of l/n y/n was his close relationship with his master. leaving him by himself for three years so he could meditate was akin to a master leaving its dog all by itself in the kennel.

it was cruel, in a sense.

"listen to me, a-y/n." shen qingqiu called to him the hour before he would enter the lingxi caves. "while i'm gone, qing jing peak will be without a master. that's why i'd like to entrust qing jing peak and its disciples to you."

it was the highest honor! to take over a peak master's place, even if it were temporary. the fact that l/n y/n was chosen to hold onto the peak master title while his master was away, was proof enough on its own that l/n y/n was an entirely different breed compared to most of his peers.